Emsisoft Anti-Malware 8.1 released

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by emsisoft, Aug 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fabian Wosar

Fabian Wosar Developer

I can always say you guys distracted me from finishing up the announcement by continuing to reply ;).

2. guest

guest Guest

lol ; on my forum the thread is already created, just waiting your official announcement to fill the post with details, links & screenshots ^^

btw i created a post in emsi forum about the announcement; don't know if you watched it yet.

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2014
  3. Fabian Wosar

Fabian Wosar Developer

It is being proof read now. Time to just watch and embrace everyone's impatience ;).

Last edited: May 5, 2014
  4. guest

guest Guest

nice ^^

5. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

I loved the closed beta. It was really stable and quick as lightning.

6. guest

guest Guest

agreed

7. Ronin12

Ronin12 Registered Member

Agreed upon again. Overall a very good beta program.

8. Charyb

Charyb Registered Member

FW,
    I am a little frustrated with the accessibility of EAM at a lower rate. My license expired a month ago and I cannot find a low price anywhere. The store I normally use is out of stock and others are also out. I will never pay MSRP for an antivirus. A few percent off an already high MSRP is no deal. It's easy to find low prices on just about any other AV which I will probably take advantage of if I don't find something soon. 3pc/1year at $69.95 = not a good deal.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
  9. emsisoft

emsisoft Security Expert

You can renew your expired license here: http://www.emsisoft.com/en/order/renew/

Renewal discount starts at 25% off, with additional 5% off for each consecutive year (loyalty bonus), up to a total discount of -60%.

10. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

is version 9 ready?

11. emsisoft

emsisoft Security Expert

Ready for what? Being a public beta? - Yes
    Ready for a direct update from v8? Not yet.
    Ready for stable release? Not yet.

12. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

out of beta I meant :)

13. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Well, that is not attractive to me, since I will only buy one license at a time. Having to buy a minimum 3 licenses for a total of $60.60 is not for me, I'm afraid. And, I have been renewing every year for a number of years., but only if I can get a suitable discount.

14. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Currently I have EAM. I'm interested in EIS 1PC 2yr or 3yr license. But on the renewal page when I enter my EAM serial it won't work if I select EIS. Am I SOL?

15. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Seems like Emsisoft reduced the discounts for me also.
    Damn i was planning to renew my 4-PC EISP license after it expired (In August) but the price increased substantially, almost double!
    Now i'm having my doubts. Hahahaha

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
  16. itman

itman Registered Member

I am up for renewal also. However, $50 US for a 3 PC license just for EAM is a bit hard to swallow. Especially since I can purchase Bitdefender Total Security for half that price at Newegg.

17. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Same here, for me it's around $50 also. I'll have to think about it.

18. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

EAM for 1 PC is $39.95, so if that doesn't bother you $50 for 3 PC's is a steal.

19. siketa

siketa Registered Member

It's $30 on downloadcrew.

20. SweX

SweX Registered Member

If you guys like the product as much as it sounds like, how it works and runs on your computer and all that, then it is clear to me that the product is worth to pay $50 for a 3 PC license.

Another product may be on sale and is cheaper but it's also a different product don't forget that, you won't run EAM anymore.

21. Charyb

Charyb Registered Member

I choose to shop for the best deal. I have three antivirus programs that I favor and if I can't find a good deal on EAM I know I will be able to find a deal on one of the other two. $50.00 is too much considering I can find the others for half this price. There is no reason to throw away money when there are other quite capable products. EAM is good but I don't think it is $25.00 better than my other choices.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  22. SweX

SweX Registered Member

IMO one can never "throw away" money on great software. Personally I don't pay for ESET because it's cheap, I pay for it for many other reasons. If I used EAM and really liked it then I wouldn't care about what products from the competition costs since I am not interested in them. But of course I don't own a license for several products at the time. Anyhow, the choice is not mine it's yours so I will leave you to it. :D :thumb:

23. itman

itman Registered Member

That's $30 EU. $41.10 in USD for 3 PC 1 year license.

24. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

I just bought a BD Total Security 2014 license. Totally cheap off eBay, I have had good luck but I choose my sellers CAREFULLY. Got ~60 days left on my EAM license. I will wait to download BD TS 2015 Final (07/09/2014 release date). Though I must remember to image my OS before I change over. So if I come crying & I didn't take a recent (<7 days old) image it'll be 100% my fault. Here's hoping. Emsisoft now is too expensive imo.

25. Noob

Noob Registered Member

At least for me, the price is something important along with the performance/capabilities of the product. The price is an important aspect when i look for software so if theres something cheaper and offers similar performance i'm all for it. Hahahaha
    I've been using EAM intermittently from 2008 to 2010 and permanently since 2010 i believe.
    I'm not gonna lie, one of the main reasons i've been using EAM for so long was the price and the performance.
    Now i'm not complaining here, i was just sharing my thoughts and pointing out that the discounts were lowered substantially compared to the past and it could change my mind about renewing . . . i still have almost 2 months to decide though. :D

Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.