Emsisoft Anti-Malware 8.1 released

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by emsisoft, Aug 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FleischmannTV

FleischmannTV Registered Member

I am German. The response is:

The findings are inactive remnants of adware or potentially unwanted programs. You can move them to quarantine, but there is no real problem.

2. spywar

spywar Registered Member

3. Fabian Wosar

Fabian Wosar Developer

Looks like I won the bet ;). Anyways, since spywar already posted the little sneak peak I did in our forums, there is no reason not to show a few more screenshots. After all we all like pretty pictures :).

Just a few small details first:

We understand that personal taste and preference differs. We tried our best not to polarize, but obviously we can't please everyone. So it is natural that some of you may disagree with the artistic direction we went in and we are fine with that. Just please don't turn this topic into a Metro flame war. Feel free to tell us if you dislike Metro, but we would prefer it if you'd focus on usability aspects in your feedback and not the art style.

All screenshots you are going to see are work in progress. We expect a lot of changes in the next couple of weeks, most of them hopefully based on your feedback and ideas. So nothing you are about to see is fully set in stone yet and if you think you have a great idea of how to do things better, we are eager to listen to you.

I also want to take the opportunity to mention, that Emsisoft Internet Security has been in testing for the last couple of months. If you want even more influence on our development process and if you like breaking stuff, joining our private tester team may be for you. Not only will you get our eternal gratitude in return, but you will also get free licenses for all our products. You know, just in case our gratitude isn't enough :).

But without further ado, here are a few glimpses at the new Emsisoft Anti-Malware and Emsisoft Internet Security 9.0 UI:

http://tmp.emsisoft.com/a2/131123_eis_overview.png

http://tmp.emsisoft.com/a2/131123_eis_overview_red.png

http://tmp.emsisoft.com/a2/131123_eis_protection.png

http://tmp.emsisoft.com/a2/140203_eis_settings.png

If you have questions about how things will work or why we decided to add or remove certain things, feel free to ask. I will answer them to the best of my ability.

Looking forward to your feedback :).

Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
  4. FleischmannTV

FleischmannTV Registered Member

I think the new interface looks very good.

5. spywar

spywar Registered Member

perfect job !

6. eplose

eplose Registered Member

are you working on behaviour blocker automatic decision making?

7. siketa

siketa Registered Member

I haven't seen a bad comment about new interface.
    That says it all.....
    :)

8. Fabian Wosar

Fabian Wosar Developer

A lot of decisions are already automatic actually. So if you are using the default settings in combination with reasonably popular software, you will rarely see anything pop up. That being said, we are working on reducing the number of popups for obviously malicious activities and just block those automatically without feedback from the user. It is unclear at this point though, if these changes will make it into 9.0 or not.

9. cptredsox

cptredsox Registered Member

great looking gui .. simply beautiful :) ..

so finally there will be a complete suite .. with firewall .. will it be EAM + OA together ?

10. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

While I am not a fan of the metro style, it looks like you're keeping all the advanced options etc. Some products that move to metrostyle GUI are also quite dumbed down regarding settings/customization which makes users here more resistant to metrostyle. Luckily that is not the case here, and usability of the new GUI looks fine :)
    EDIT: How is the information on the BB pop-ups? Has information on target processes been added?

11. Fabian Wosar

Fabian Wosar Developer

No, it won't. A lot of the features in Online Armor are either highly specialized and of little use for typical suite users or they are just redundant nowadays. The only aspect of Online Armor the new product will use is essentially the firewall part. However, this part underwent considerable changes during development. So it is almost entirely different then the firewall core used by Online Armor now.

12. spywar

spywar Registered Member

Will there be the AntiMalwareNetwork lookup introduced or not ? I guess not but just to make sure.
    I mean in suite.

13. Fabian Wosar

Fabian Wosar Developer

EAM already does these lookups. They aren't performed on each process start though but only if a behavior is observed. If it is listed there, it will be blocked automatically.

14. Fabian Wosar

Fabian Wosar Developer

Unlikely in 9.0. But I am convinced once you see what we have in the making, you will love it ;).

15. Dark Star 72

Dark Star 72 Registered Member

Fabian, will Online Armor continue to be available and further developed once the Internet Security is released or will it gradually be discontinued as OA++ was?
    Also, will those who have licences for both AM and OA be able to transfer to the new IS with a new license?

16. Fabian Wosar

Fabian Wosar Developer

At this point it is hard to tell. It mostly depends on how sales numbers develop after the Internet Security release. In general: As long as OA is able to pay for its own development, there is no reason to discontinue it.

Yes, you will be able to convert your EAM/OA licenses to an EIS license.

17. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I have an OA license[ never activated] from the days before Emsisoft bought OA. Is that good to convert over to a EIS license

18. Fabian Wosar

Fabian Wosar Developer

If you never activated those licenses, they have expired by now as licenses that have never been used were removed when we brought TallEmu's old licensing systems offline about 6 or so months ago.

If you still have the order details, please send them via PM and I can see if we can get you a replacement.

19. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Will do... thank you. Now, I just have to find those details. ;)

20. musings4

musings4 Registered Member

The new UI looks promising. Thanks for sharing it. Quick question, you've mention that Online Armor won't be a integral part in version 9 but a few components such as the firewall will exist. My assumption is that the HIPS components is out or can it be enabled like in Comodo Internet Security?

21. Fabian Wosar

Fabian Wosar Developer

No, HIPS won't be included. It's just way too complicated for most users to use. If we find a way to make it usable for average users, we may add it in later. But for the time being, we decided to go with the behavior blocking of EAM instead of the HIPS from Online Armor.

22. musings4

musings4 Registered Member

I've figured that both the Behavior Blocker and HIPS components will overlap like it does now. Thanks again and looking forward to a public beta soon.

23. Noob

Noob Registered Member

I have multiple licenses for both EAM/OA and i plan to renew them once expired. I hope OA keeps getting positive numbers. :D

24. NSG001

NSG001 Registered Member

Re: Emsisoft 9.0

One word, drooling :)

25. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Morning! While I've never been an admirer of the Metro Esthetic...it to my eye seems you've struck a Pleasing balance of Graphic's. It reminds me of it's relation too Avast's Gui...very similar. But Protection is the main issue of concern...and it's the Primary Reason for using EAM! Sincerely...Securon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.