Emsisoft Anti-Malware 6.0 closed beta started

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Fabian Wosar, Apr 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NormanN

NormanN Registered Member

Greetings,

I am trying to decide on a complete Emsisoft solution. I am a little confused by Emsissoft's site. I know EAM contains Mamatu, but does Online Armor ++ contain EAM? At the bottom of the OA++ page, it indicates that an alternative would be OA Premium and EAM. I'm also not wealthy, and am thinking of using OAFree and buying EAM...thoughts? What OA products give the most protection for the least money? Thanks.

(I hope this is not too OT for the thread, I put it here because it looks like EAM 6 is imminent and with the OA 5.1 beta out, I wanted to make sure all the eggs were in the same basket when discussing :) )

NN

2. 1chaoticadult

1chaoticadult Registered Member

EAM does not contain mamutu, this is incorrect, but EAM does include Behavior Blocker technology similar to mamutu. OA++ does not contain EAM, but contain the engines that are in EAM and only works on execution. People get this confused. I would check out buying the bundle of EAM and OA on Emsisoft's site if you want both.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
  3. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

EAM does contain mamutu. It's vice versa. EAM is the addition of the 2 scanning engines into mamutu. I know this as fact because I was scolded by fabian when I made the same comment on a beta thread.

4. fblais

fblais Registered Member

Can one use EAM and Mamutu together?

5. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

I think it won't install...

6. kjdemuth

There is no need to use both together. EAM is mamutu with the 2 scanning engines.

7. fblais

fblais Registered Member

Thanks.
    And how is the speed?
    I remember using the Emergency Kit for on-demand scanning and it was *very* slow compared to other products.

8. kjdemuth

EAM ver 6 is alot faster than the prev version.

9. Fabian Wosar

Fabian Wosar Developer

It would make no sense given the fact that Mamutu is a stripped down Emsisoft Anti-Malware version :).

10. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

I started using the free version of EAM 5 a couple weeks ago. I was impressed since it found three traces of a keylogger I had installed then removed from my computer for a college class. However, the scans are very slow, but I hear that has been resolved in version 6. I do have two other questions about version 6 though:

1. Will definition downloads be smaller? I did my first one after the initial installation 14 days ago and it was 90MB, and took a while to download even with my 20Mbps connection.

2. Are they planning on getting rid of the trojan horse logo? It seems out of place..

I think I had another question but I forgot. Otherwise great product!

11. SLE

SLE Registered Member

It is the IKARUS signature package that is so big. If you update regulary you'll get differential and small updates, but if you don't update for some days and thatswhy to many differentials are missed a new whole large package is redownloaded.

Finally, the horse died in actual beta ;)

12. Noob

Noob Registered Member

I though the current BETA was already public. :D
    I mean the version .20 and yees they got rid of the horse with some new effects.

13. Fabian Wosar

Fabian Wosar Developer

The 6.0 beta is already public if you know where to look ;). I posted it in a well known German security forum. Maybe I should post it here as well? ;)

14. chris1341

chris1341 Guest

Yes please!

15. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

Fantastic! And yes a link to open beta would be nice. And that was the question I forgot, when the open beta would be.

16. Fabian Wosar

Fabian Wosar Developer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.