Emsioft Anti-Malware Makes Folders In My Documents

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by DasFox, Sep 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnny123

Johnny123 Registered Member

Emsisoft has already explained that these are logs of scans started by that user. If the user scans something, he can at least see what the result is. Other logs from the application go into a database.

Also in the settings you can determine on a per-user basis what they are allowed/not allowed to do, maybe you should take a look at that.

2. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

My third reply was about Security which is what I should of said all along because that was the point of this discussion.

I didn't come out and say it because what is the name of this forum?

Wilders ---> SECURITY Forum :)

Anyhow my bad for not making it clear.

My point here is most security applications that allow a user to simply look at scanned logs don't get stored in the User Space, they still stay under Admin-Space with permissions for a user to have access, this is what I'm going on about.

I'm certainly not arguing that a user should not be allowed to look at scan logs, of course so, they just should not be stored in the User-Space is all.

3. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

lol ye its a security forum but its not like every single issue people talk about is always relating directly to the security of the issue, there are other things that are discussed. i dont know how thats a real argument to even make.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.