Email won't work with Smart Security

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Grandiane, Jul 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grandiane

Grandiane Registered Member

We were happy with Nod 32 and intended to renew. Instead, being confused, we signed up for Smart Security. We have 2 computers networked. One computer works fine with the installation. Both Outlook Express and Thunderbird function fine. On the other computer, neither program functions. I've sent an email to Support but have not heard from them yet. Can you suggest how we can solve our problem? Thank you.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I assume a rule has been created which blocks OE/Thunderbird. Could you try disabling the firewall for a while to see if it makes a difference? If you're using a 3rd party firewall, it could be that it's blocking ekrn.exe's communication.

Anyways, if you have purchased ESS in error I assume there should be no problem converting it to EAV and refunding you the price difference. Please contant the sales department of the distributor/reseller you purchased ESS from.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.