email Test

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Joe Camhi, Dec 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Camhi

Joe Camhi Guest

o_O I keep failing the email test in the server tab of the configuration button. How do I set it up so it works? I followed the instructions on this forum in the configuration thread and it still didn't work. What does SMPT stand for?

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

HI Joe Camhi and welcome!
    Where does the test go wrong?
    In TDS > Configuration > Servers you fill in your normal outbox the same you use in an email client, could be something like mail.yourispdomain.com or smtp.domain.com
    If you only use webmail (like hotmail, yahoo) without a pop3/smtp possibility you won't get it working.

In the helpfile you see some more explanation about the SMTP. SMTP stands for Simple Mail Transfer Protocol. And most of time it's working through port 25.

3. Joe Camh

Joe Camh Guest

My gosh. I'm lost already. Do you mean I should use my aol account because yahoo won't work? I tried that.

4. Joe Camhi

Joe Camhi Guest

And how do I find out my smpt server?

5. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hope other AOL users can answer that part.
    Doesn't AOL give no pop3 emailbox? Normally if you have pop3 you have smtp too and the outbox could be something like
    smtp.aol.com or mail.aol.com
    Not sure if you receive your email via an email program like Outlook Express?
    In that you configure accounts as well in exactly the same way.
    In another recent thread Dollefie posted a link to receive yahoo as pop mail in such a client, have to find it back in this forum.

6. Joe Camhi

Joe Camhi Guest

I configured my outlook express to work with my hotmail account. All I had to do was enter my hotmail address and password.

You did say this won't work with the hotmail account, right? Does anyone have AOL who can tell me who to cofigure it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.