Email Security Plugins

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by dog, Aug 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dog

dog Guest

2. dog

dog Guest

OK ... I tried it. I setup a new hotmail account to test it. It's easy enough to use, you don't need the plugin at all, just type in manual appendages to the end of the receipents email address.

Invisible: your recipients email address + .silent.readnotify.com
    Certified + Notarized: your recipients email address + .certified.readnotify.com
    Ensured / Retractable: your recipients email address + .ensured.readnotify.com
    Self-Destructing / Retractable: your recipients email address + ..selfdestruct.readnotify.com
    ie.(to set the time) H=hours, M=minutes, S=seconds - example= your recipients email address + .selfdestruct.20M.readnotify.com
    Block print & copy: your recipients email address + .noprint.readnotify.com

You can access your account & settings by signing in on their homepage ... for tracking, retractions etc. & of course general stats & settings.

In the end ... the receipent is sent and email from your account with only a url link and an explaination about the email ... the url link contains the contents of the email on their site.

So it's interesting but hardly useful security wise... considering the contents of the email is known to them as it's stored on their server, making it hardly private. So I rate it 2 Thumbs down :(

I'd love a control to prevent printing/coping/forwarding & of course retracting & self-destructing ... coded directly into the email without 3rd party intervention. ;) :D :ninja:

dog - *puppy*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.