Email problem

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ejr, Dec 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ejr

ejr Registered Member

I run a small home based recruiting business. I have a database of about 1500 contacts that I like to send emails to, telling them about job opportunties (not spamming).

Here's my problem: I often send out bulk emails to 100 or so people at a time (to mention current openings to see if they are interested). I have a broadband connection, I use Outlook Express, and a pop3/smtp email service.

These bulk emails often get interrupted. If any of the recipients email has changed (people move, get new jobs, change email addresses), then the whole bulk email gets thrown off. On any given email where I'm sending out to say 100 people, I might have 5-10 incorrect email addresses. As soon as that email gets rejected by the server, whatever remaining emails that are in que to be sent after that one get halted.

I don't have the money for an exchange server nor would I have the know how to install it or maintain it.

Is there anything that I can do to make my bulk emails go smoother?

2. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I am not expert... but you can try Gmail. ;)

3. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

4. ejr

ejr Registered Member

OK...I have ALMOST found the solution. The best solution to date is for me to have my own SMTP server software. I have tried a fe of them and found one that works pretty good. So I can now send out holwever many emails I need to in a day without even using my ISP's server.

The last problem is having these email avoid the SPAM filter. Some ISP's will send my email directly to the bin because I don't have a static IP.

My ISP will give me a static IP if I upgrade to a business account which will cost me $500/yr extra. Trying to avoid that.

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Try www.noIP.com

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.