Email Notification

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by guest, Jan 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guest

guest Guest

Hi All,

I have NOD32 Antivirus 3.0 configured to "Send event notifications by email" but when I get these emails they are incomplete with unresolved variables.

For example I run the Eicar test file and when I get the email it has a blank body with just "%s: Threat Alert" as the subject line.

Also, nothing shows up in the Threat Alert column within RAC.

Thanks

2. rcash

rcash Registered Member

I have the same issue with the subject line.
    However the body of the message is ok:

Subject: %s: Threat alert

Body:
    1/4/2008 12:03:16 PM - Module HTTP filter - Threat Alert triggered on computer computername: http://www.eicar.org/download/eicar.com.txt contains Eicar test file.

3. guest

guest Guest

The body text appears when another workstation sends a notification. From my own workstation it is blank.

Come on ESET its just an email, it should work.

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hello guest,

If you look in Tools\Alerts and notifications and select Edit format, do you show a period at the end of %VirusName% in the threat warning message area ?

When attempting this and after process of elimination, when I removed the period I then started receiving the Threat notifications and previous blank body was replaced with what rcash is showing above.

Initially I started by placing only the variables in the Message format area.... %TimeStamp%%Scanner%%ComputerName%%InfectedObject%%VirusName%....removing all the rest of the text.

I then started receiving something in the body of my notification e-mails, which was everything inside of each variable. Eventually all was well after placing everything else back except the period.

This may not be your problem but I now am receiving notifications with the period removed and I Thank You for bringing it up.

Bubba

5. evvivame

evvivame Registered Member

Hi !
    This my configuration:
    a lot PC for the users (as Clients) an one Server (as System Admin).
    All PC are connected via wan.
    When NOD32 found a virus on a Client, i would like send a notification (email) to Sys Admin.
    On the windows " Alerts and notifications" i don't see where i must setting the Admin's email :oops:

Someone can me help ?

Thanks
    Luciana

6. Banger696

Banger696 Registered Member

Hi I think the %s variable was fixed in the latest version and possibly other errors 3....642. Not sure about the server portion as I haven't got that to test.

7. evvivame

evvivame Registered Member

After update to ESET V3.0.652, i need,again, help about this post
    Someone can me help??
    Thanks
    Luciana

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.