Email notification working for anybody?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by yesyes, Apr 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yesyes

yesyes Registered Member

I have tried in different versions and different computers and everytime I simply get the error saying it was not able to send the email.

My firewall came up and asked for permissions so Acronis could send the email, but the error still came up and I never got any email.

I tried both with my regular ISP and also with Google..

They FINALLY added a port option but what about security and encryption of the logino_O?

This is the most useful feature of Acronis for me and it just doesn't work!!

2. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

This seems to be intended for use with a local network email server. It does work if you are running an email server on your LAN. I could not get it to work with an ISP server.

3. yesyes

yesyes Registered Member

Yeah... I guess it makes sense for every user to have an email server in their house uh?

I thought about installing a local pop3 server but I really wanted a TOTAL soultion for my customers so I would get notification of their backups.

This is not rocket science, I assure you.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello yesyes,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure that you use the latest update of the respective version which is available in the Product Updates section of our web-site.

If the set up e-mail notifications fail, then the issue could be that some SMTP servers cannot decipher the set up e-mail address correctly.

The workaround is to bracket the e-mail address:
    - E-mail address: (placed in "<" and ">" brackets);
    - Outgoing Mail server: your_mail_server;
    - User Name: your_user_name;
    - Password: (correct for your account).

If that does not help, please clarify whether you can send test e-mail. Please provide us with your SMTP server settings.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.