email notification when job not yet finished

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by networkROI, Nov 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. networkROI

networkROI Registered Member

I have ATI 9.1 Server installed on a remote server. I have it set to email notification with all 4 boxes ticked. When the job sucessfully completes it sends an email, when a job completes and has failed it sends an email. BUT when the job gets stuck we do not hear from it!!!

For example a job got stuck with this error:

"Failed to write data to the archive file.
    A possible reason might be poor media quality. : None"

When I next log on the server I see the systray 'baloon' notification so I click it and soon enough the job terminates and an email is sent.

Unfortunately this does not help us. We want to be sent an email when the error occurs so we can find out immediately.

Is this possibleo_O
    Ian

2. Thamuz

Thamuz Registered Member

Yes using SNMP notification

-Thamuz

3. networkROI

So not by email then?

How do I set up monitoring by SNMP? I assume with some esoteric SNMP management software?!!

Ian

4. Thamuz

Thamuz Registered Member

If you go into tools and options, notifications, email, there should be a checkbox for send email when user interaction is required. Is this checked?

5. networkROI

Is 'Echo' just ATI 9.5? Or is it a different product?

6. Thamuz

Thamuz Registered Member

Re-read you original post and you answered my question.

This is strange. Are you sending the email to a group or an individual email addy?

7. networkROI

Individual mailbox.

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello networkROI,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure you use the latest build of Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

If latest build doesn't solve the problem, please create a screenshot of e-mail notification settings window. Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

9. networkROI

I am not sure I understand. Are you saying that the feature I am looking for is actually in the product? I don't want you to troubleshoot my actual errors.

What I am looking for is confirmation that ATI latest version (which we have installed) can send out email notifications when any job 'gets stuck' even before the job completes.

At the moment we only get email notifications when the job completes, sucessfully or not, and when the job has an error before completion is just gets stuck. When we next log in at the server an 'error baloon' appears near the system tray and if we click this then the interface appears allowing us to retry or cancel the job. If we cancel then we get an email notification.

Hope you can help.
    Ian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.