Email Client for Android

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by phalanaxus, Jun 12, 2018.

1. phalanaxus

phalanaxus Registered Member

Hello,

I am looking for a preferably free email client for android. The properties I especially need are exchange support, and being able to see recent mails in a unified way independent of the folder/subfolder structure. I will also share my experience with what I already tested.

MS Outlook - This one is banned in my work network, don't ask why.

WPS Mail- This one is free with no adds, can handle exchange and folder structure very well. The problems with it are that the producing company blocked distribution of new versions in my country so I am not getting any updates and the latest update broke the homepage widget.

TypeApp- Nice free client, can handle exchange. Doesn't work well with folder structure, couldn't make it show all my emails in different folders in a unified way.

Nine Exchange - This is basically what I am looking for but has a big price tag for an email client.

I have tried several other clients which I don't remember right now :)

2. trott3r

trott3r Registered Member

3. entropism

entropism Registered Member

I'm shocked your work banned Outlook but kept TypeApp. Between TypeApp and Bluemail (same app), there are some SERIOUS privacy concerns. Even though you uninstalled it, I would IMMEDIATELY change your email password. It still pulls your email until you do. Shady, shady ****.

I'll say this: Nine is so worth it, it's not even funny. Aquamail is still good, Maildroid is great. Heard decent things about Edison & Boomerang.

Obviously stay away from Newton.

4. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

5. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

I have used Aqua Mail in the past, good app.
    Currently using MailDroid good as well.

6. phalanaxus

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Had a look at all of them,

K9 - Connects to exchange over webdav, from 2010 and onward exchange doesn't support webdav.

Maildroid - Couldnt set my account to work in this.

Aquamail - Currently trying it, shows promise.

7. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Nine for Exchange hands down. Not free but awesome.

8. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

definitely TypeApp - complete free, modern UI, calendar optional (google), pop, imap, ssl/tls, many options where others fail

k9 - old fashioned, the rest possible only paid fully usable.

WPS can only handle IMAP

typeapp
    write email or feedback to authors, they will answer. typeapp has a decent support and get updates in time.

your folders are on a imap server?

9. phalanaxus

Actually WPS is currently installed on my phone. It has really good compatibility with exchange. Can use push notifications, can deal with complicated folder structures, is free. Only problem like I mentioned, is that the developer pulled it out of circulation in my country so I can't get updates.

Aquamail is fine with the folder structure and has a nice practical UI. However it seems that free version can't use push messages with exchange, and periodical auto check doesn't work either. I will probably have to buy Nine or get apk of WPS from another channel.

PS. Started trying VMware Boxer, seems nice so far.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  10. phalanaxus

Status update for anyone interested:
    I settled with VMware Boxer. Exchange support is solid, it is free, has a functioning widget, has intelligent folders and handles subfolder structure well enough.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.