[Email client antivirus and spyware] How to disable

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by e314, Mar 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. e314

e314 Registered Member

Hi,

I'm trying to configure a package in ESET Remote Administration Console, but I can't find a way to disable the "client antivirus and antispyware protection" checkbox in the advanced options. I want to push the installation on a network without having to uncheck that checkbox every time on each host... I attached a screenshot of the checkbox I want to disable.

emailproc.JPG

Thanks in advance!

2. TyeF

TyeF Former Eset Moderator

Hello,

To disable email checking without changing the EAV protection status:
    In ESET Remote Administrator (ERA) Console, it is best to use the Policy Manager feature to disable these options. Clients that connect to ERA will have the specified policy assigned. For instructions on using Policy Manager see:

What is the ESET Remote Administrator (ERA) Policy Manager and how does it work?
    http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN962

The options can be found here in ESET Configuration Editor:

ESET Smart Security, ESET NOD32 Antivirus >> Email filter >>Setup >> Scan received/sent/read messages >> No

and

ESET Smart Security, ESET NOD32 Antivirus >> Personal firewall >> Setup >> Enable POP3 protocol checking >> No

3. e314

e314 Registered Member

Thank you, I will try that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.