Email antivirus sign

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Netherlands, Jul 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Netherlands

Netherlands Registered Member

I'm searching for antivirus software that puts a sign in every mail that is send or reseived. For example this message: This e-mail was scanned by nod32 antivirus. I know that nod32 has this option but are there other antivirussoftware product that can do this?

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

I think avg can but nod32 is very good. also i dont know if it can do what you want it to but avira antivir seems to good atm

3. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

AVG and Avast do give the option of incoming/outgoing notifications and probably some others will give you that too. :)

4. Krond

Krond Registered Member

But a signature on outgoing mails is a judicial problem, you know? If there is a message at the end of an outgoing mail from you, that the mail is clear and the av-scanner has overlook a virus, so YOU are liable. Because your mail-partner can assume, that this message is right......

5. Netherlands

Yes someone from kaspersky antivirus explained this to me. There for Kaspersky does not have this option (in the old version 4.x it had this option).

6. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

if i was looking for an email av i would not rely on an av to do this. however i would use a specific email av such as "Benign" http://www.firetrust.com/firetrustbenign.html which does have a notification if you choose. It also covers a lot more ground than any av does . I believe "benign" is a lifetime licence also.

7. Netherlands

That software looks very nice. The thing i don't like is that i then have to use 2 sepirate programs (antivirus/firewall + benign).

8. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

AVG and avast allows you to have that tag ,or even change the tag message (which is nice).I honestly dont see the point in kasperskys (or others) stance ,as it puts a header in anyway that says kaspersky scanned.So if it doesnt pop up with VIRUS !! ,then you assume kaspersky is saying its clean anyway ,and could argue litigation in that case if you were that mad.Antivirs is the same as kaspersky and shows in the header.I quite like the tag as it shows what virus database one is using very easily,and its handy to remind friends that they are using old database.It is comforting to see a tag on an email even if it just says its been checked ,without having to go trawling through headers or your AV gui to check (IMO)
    ellison

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.