Ekrn.exe and quota usage

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by lektem, Jul 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anda

anda Registered Member

Interesting question: how does other softwares behave in this situation? I know it is offtopic heavily, but what would you think if any other antivirus/firewall application does the same? And what if not?

1.) All of these softwares are incompatible and faulty.
    2.) The softwares are good, but the ISP...

2. anda

anda Registered Member

No, it is not fixed. I have Netlimiter 2 and it works the same way. It is not really important regarding to ESET (and that ISP), just would like to tell it for the kind of truth :)

3. lektem

lektem Registered Member

Well but my old-fashioned ISP has over 20 million subscribers.
    ESET does not have to remove any feature. If it makes it compatible with calculation software, then, it's all okay.
    I paid 50 dollars instead of normal 20 dollars in June because of EKRN.exe's fault. And I bought Nod32 by paying only 15 dollars!

4. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

You can either use a proxy (like NOD32) sitting and listening on a loopback address, or NDIS traffic interception driver (like KAV/KIS e.g.)

No, they are not faulty, Netlimiter v1 is faulty here. (And your ISP clearly sucks.)

Ugh. For the last time. It's not ekrn.exe fault, nor ESET fault. So I'd suggest you stop blaming them for unprofessional and illegal actions of your "old-fashioned" ISP.

5. lektem

lektem Registered Member

I might say that I am happy with my Nod32 and want to keep on with it. But if somebody offers me the same lightweight but solid AV software (double quota using problem fixed) with same price, I may think about buying it.

6. lektem

lektem Registered Member

Well, ESET and my ISP (TTNET) can talk and find a way out, can't they?

As an individual, I have no power on my old-fashioned ISP. But these two corporations can find a solution.

7. doktornotor

Unlike you, ESET has no contract with your ISP. So, unlike you, ESET is in no legal position to file complaints with your ISP on your behalf. So well, no - it's exactly the opposite way.

P.S. Please stop top-posting, it's horribly annoying practice with quoting text.

8. lektem

lektem Registered Member

As they wish... When my license expires I can start searching alternatives. My bank offered me a free McAffee complete solution. I may start using it.
    Actually, there are no serious virus threats as before. I do not believe using an AV is a must. Not anymore.

9. doktornotor

Heh... I'm trying to explain to you how things work from legal point of view. It's not about "how they wish" but how things are. They simply lack locus standi or right of action or active legitimation or whatever the proper term is for your particular jurisdiction.

10. anda

anda Registered Member

To making it clear: i've asked lektem, not you. It's not about my ISP, but lektem's. And the question wasn't a real one, i've just would like to enlight his mind finally. But i think the storm is over and we've finished this chat ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.