EEE pc

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Pollux4092, Dec 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pollux4092

Pollux4092 Registered Member

Hi All,

Like many others I went for the new Asus EEEPC.
    The model I bought has a 5 Gb solid disk. I have added a 16 Gb SD card and upgraded the memory to 2 Gb.
    I allso intend to install windows XP prof.
    Now I have to decide wich anti virus to install. It has to be lite in footprint on a machine like this.
    On my desktop I have used NOD32 for years, allso participated in the beta for VS 3. NOD seems to have become "heavier" on the system resources (Or Am I just imagening things?)
    So I took out a licence for Kaspersky 7 for my desktop, wich I am using now.

Should I use either of them for the EEE PC? Or are there better choises for this machine (with win XP)

Thx for your input.:D

Last edited: Dec 28, 2007
  2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi Pollux4092

First welcome to Wilders. If you read the above stickies, you will see that we don't permit A vs B AV posts. Also if you read these threads you will find plenty of info and people's opinions on the various AV products around. In the final analysis you are going to have to try them and see which one fits your machine, and your style best. The minute this thread becomes an A vs B thread it will be closed.

Pete

3. 031

031 Registered Member

Hi Pollux4092 . welcome to wilders .
    you can try
    avira
    avast
    avg
    each of them offers a free version for personal use and all are light enough to meet your requirements .

4. Hangetsu

Hangetsu Registered Member

With the two AVs you have, they are generally regarded as very good and will protect you. As to how they will perform -- The suggestion I think most would have is to try them both. You won't be unprotected when using either one, and then you have a true test of how it works performance-wise on the new machine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.