echo Workstation unattended agent installation

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ahabian, Mar 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ahabian

ahabian Registered Member

Hello everybody.

Does anyone have an idea how to install the agent unattended/quiet/silent.

I have isolated the agent.msi from the complete package, created an mst-file with installshield, netinstall and installtaylor and have no problems installing the agent without any quiet-/silent-/unattended-switch. All installation options I set in the mst-file are chosen in the installation-masks. As soon as I try to install the package silently (e.g. with /qn) the installation fails with error 1603 in system event log with event-id 1033 (MSI-Installer)

I have no idea why it doesn`t work?

Thanks for your suggestions in advance.

Best regards
    Andreas

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ahabian,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Enterprise Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Could you please clarify, which version are you trying to install? Please give us the exact name of the installation file.

Please also paste the exact text of error message from your event logs.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexander Nikolsky

3. ahabian

Hi.

I have used TrueImageWorkstationEcho.8206_s_de.exe to extract the AcronisTrueImageAgentWorkstation.msi.

Then I created a transform file named AcronisTrueImageAgentWorkstation.mst with Installtaylor (I also tried Adminstudio and Netinstall later to ensure it is not a problem with the mst-file).
    When I execute C:\Windows\system32\MSIEXEC.EXE TRANSFORMS="AcronisTrueImageAgentWorkstation.mst" /i "AcronisTrueImageAgentWorkstation.msi"
    the installation of the agent starts and all settings I configuered in the mst-file are preset in the install-wizard.

When I execute C:\Windows\system32\MSIEXEC.EXE TRANSFORMS="AcronisTrueImageAgentWorkstation.mst" /i "AcronisTrueImageAgentWorkstation.msi" /qb
    I can see the msiexec.exe start in the taskmanager and after a few minutes it disappears. Then there is a information-message added to the applications log. I will attach the screenshot to this post.

Thanks for your help.

Andreas

Attached Files:

4. Acronis Support

Hello Andreas,

Thank you for using Acronis Corporate Products

It is not clear, what is the main reason for the unattended installation? What do you want to reach?

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

5. ahabian

I want to implement the Agent in our software ditribution system to install it automatically on all computers that need to be backed up with Acronis True Image.

6. Acronis Support

Hello Andreas,

This issue can be related to MSI installer version. Thus, i may recommend you to update it as it is described in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article.

Please let us know the results.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexander Nikolsky

7. ahabian

Hi Alexander,

thanks for you answer.
    I had a look on the kb-article and it is not related to Vista. So I don`t think, I have a problem with the msi-installer version.

I got some info from Acronis support which parameters I can choose for a silent and unattended installation. It works fine when I execute it from the command line and now I will implement it in our software distribution systems (Netinstall and SCCM).
    I`m pretty sure it will work then.

Best regards.
    Andreas

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.