Echo Enterprise Group server problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by gorkemg, Jan 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gorkemg

gorkemg Registered Member

hi,
    I've installed Acronis Trueimage Echo enterprise server,Acronis agent,Group Server,Management console and universal restore on Nas server in my domain.

I've pushed the agents to the clients.when i tried to connect them.The screen freezes on the management console screen.

During my googling sessions i've found this forum.One of the topics acronis admins suggest that delete the ag_echo_fconnect.dll for connecting problem.

Yes its worked.Now i can connect the clients and doing my backup jobs.But then another problem appears.When i connect the nas server which is group server installed.The group server option doesnt appear.Only backup and restore options appear.
    Then i've installed group server again.When i try to connect the nas server the screen freezes again on management console.ı've checked the ag_echo_fconnect.dll that is copied again when i install the group server.

I think ag_echo_fconnect.dll is related to the group server.
    I also checked event viewer logs in application tab.2 error screenshots attached to the message.

Helps appreciated.Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello gorkemg,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

Please notice that ag_echo_fconnect.dll is a necessary file for Acronis Group Server and Acronis Backup Server functioning. We recommend you to install both Acronis Group Server and Acronis Backup Server on a computer withous Acronis Agent installed.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. gorkemg

gorkemg Registered Member

Without the agent then how can i use the group server function of the acronis program ?
    Is there any way to use group server without remote connection ?

4. AaronAnderson

AaronAnderson Registered Member

I think you just need to install the agent on your group/backup server.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.