Ebay is full of fraudulent buyers

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Durad, May 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Durad

Durad Registered Member

Does anybody else have a problem with fraudulent buyers on ebay?

I just posted item with buy it now option and 10 minutes after I "sold" my item.

Buyer just registered and ask me to send him the item and than he will send payment via some new payment metod.

I did specify that I will not sell any item to members under 10 feedbacks and that I accept PayPal only.....

The thing is that I have to wait 7 days untill eBay accept my dispute claim..........

They could simply add a feature to prevent buyers which are under certain number of feedback to be able to place a bid.

2. coolbluewater

coolbluewater Registered Member

3. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

There are a lot of fraudulent buyers and sellers online. Not sure what type of payment that he is using, but if it can not be verified, I would not send the item until you are completely sure the payment was accepted. New time buyers may or may not be legit.

I rarely used the buy it now option, but I think you can delay payment even after you clicked to buy it. I have a coworker who got short changed by fraud purchases with bad credit card numbers on his online store. He also got a lot of requests to "cash" cashier's checks and to send the difference back for purchases as well. You should put a disclaimer on your auctions regarding new ebay buyers and the types of payments that you will specifically accept. If the buyer won't agree to them, you have the right to terminate the transaction.

BTW, I am not one of those types of ebay buyers. ;)

4. Huwge

Huwge Registered Member

Never had a problem. I wnt buy from anyone unless they have a good rating and same for selling plus I will only go through Paypal for the protection it offers.

Same as real life as I see it. Plenty of crooks out there, just need to be careful

5. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

I sell on ebay and haven't had a problem as a seller yet.
    I won't ship anything until after recieving payment.

6. flinchlock

flinchlock Registered Member

Yup, use brain.exe for THE best protection.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.