EAZ-FIX free today

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Meriadoc, Jan 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I did a reinstall after the offer expired, no problems.

2. QQ2595

QQ2595 Registered Member

I have it for few weeks. it is very smooth. nice one.:cool:

3. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

Well, that settles it then. No need to do all the hassle with raw images :)

4. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I am afraid, they might stop activation any time! Better to have an image with baseline snapshot atleast.

5. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

Is it stated somewhere that they will do that? or where do you get that idea from?

When I look at the about for Giveawayoftheday conditions they say:

and the asterix means:
    It wont get updated and you wont get techical support, but nothing about that the key is time limited . It is only the download from GAOTD that is time limited, not the key. I understand it that the serial is as if you would have bought it, minus the things stated above. Please correct me if I have misunderstood the conditions.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2008
  6. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I said: I am afraid! Idea from my heart.:D
    When u buy Eaz Fix and if it can,t be activated during a reinstall of EazFix, u have to mail them and they refix ur key so it,s reactivated via internet. Now i am not sure that they will do the same if u tel them that u can,t activate ur GAOD key.
    I have a limited experience with GAOD. I noted they have two types of offers:

1- You get only a special GAOD installer. When u run the installer, u get the key via internet and this key is used to activate the product. Now this key can be used as many times as u want while reinstalling the application. U only need to get the original installer of same software( same version etc) from the vendor.s web site. U have the chance to reinstall the software as many times as u want but no updates etc. Example of it was probably SSM given by them.

2- You get a special GAOD installer with a key from GOAD site. For such offers my idea was that u have to activate the key within that time period and if u try to activate later, u will fail. I have seen people talking about and trying to look into registry to grab the reg enteries for furure reactivations of such products. Eaz-Fix offer was of this type. Key was already included in the pacakge. I have not tried such type of offers from GAOD before. I was just thinking that this key must be activated within that specified time but seems my guess is wrong.

If u or any other user has tried such offers, they can tell from their experience whether these keys are honoured for good or not?

You are right that GAOD terms and conditions don,t say in any way that product can,t be reinstalled/ reactivated after 24 hours but I guess this is the truth with most of their offers. Am i true?

7. SourMilk

SourMilk Registered Member

Got it free on Giveawayoftheday. Liked it. Bought it. Found it calls home with NetReg.exe. Tech's said it was to check for updates and confirm serial numbers. They also said you could deny it with a firewall (which I did :thumb: .) It makes a nice compliment to ATI v11.

SourMilk out

8. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Me too, blocked it with FW.

9. Aaron Here

Aaron Here Registered Member

NetReg.exe is also required for registration/activation.

10. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

Darn I missed the giveaway... :(

By the way how many giveaway sites are there like this one?

11. nanana1

nanana1 Frequent Poster

Are you sure you were able to uninstall and reinstall the free version with activation o_O

12. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Dead sure! But do it on ur own risk!

13. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

I just did a fresh install of xp and i was able to successfully re-activate eaz-fix. However who knows how long this will last, best to do a sector by sector backup just in case. I also tried to activate it on another system that i hadn't installed it on during the giveaway period however it didn't work, it came back saying activation limit exceeded.

I'm gonna try to activate it again on a third system that i also installed it on during the giveaway period, i'll post back how it goes.

14. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I think u can install and reinstall on same HD, not anyother until they reset the key for you!

http://kb.eazsolutions.com/article.php?id=080

15. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Now I am not sure if a format or loading a fresh image of system can change the hard drive,s serial no?

16. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

I'd say no. I formatted and did a fresh install of windows and eaz-fix activated just fine. From my experience with rollback, if you change hard drives or change the hard drive configuration then activation will not work anymore.

17. nanana1

nanana1 Frequent Poster

OK, I tried, uninstall and install again. It does activate without any problems.:D

Thanks for letting me know this, now I can uninstall for defrag and install again as I wish.

18. nanana1

nanana1 Frequent Poster

New Eaz-Fix Pro version build 2692876302 is now available for download from the website although the latest build information is not updated yet.:rolleyes:

Able to uninstall free version and reinstall this new build and activate it using the same product ID provided during for the free version.:D

Don't know what is the changelog for this already incredibly stable product.o_O

19. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

Website still says v8.1.0 Build 2692837387. I wish vendors would update such info - that kind of edit takes less than a minute to do.

20. nanana1

nanana1 Frequent Poster

Agree...should now state build 2692876302 and provide their changelog too:argh:

21. nanana1

nanana1 Frequent Poster

One of my computers with EAZ-Fix Build 2692837387 started up and automatically went through the chkdsk process and now all my snap-shots cannot be used with a dwwin.exe error message on booting into windows xp.
    Only the base installation snapshot is clean and usable.

Be warned here.

22. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

its got a service run in the background . so it may try auto defrag your hd i asume.
    acording to eaz fix no defragment tools should use after it been install, so better uninstall them all or make sure they wont try to defrag while eaz fix installed

cheers:)

23. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Hi nanana1! Not an unusuall problem with Eaz-Fix.

It,s good for instant recovery but not always so reliable. U can loose ur snapshots any time.

I am using it since they offered free. There have been some chkdsk run without issues. But few days back, one of my snapshots became corrupt and unbootable without running chkdsk. However all othere were OK, so no big deal

One good thing is that usually the corrupted snapshot can be mounted to retrieve the data.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.