EAZ-FIX and dual-boot

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by vinn, Oct 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vinn

vinn Registered Member

Have EAZ-FIX on one of my two hard drives. Both hdds' run win2kpro. Now created dual-boot by modifying boot.ini file. When select hard drive with EAZ-FIX it's icon is not in the system tray. Click Start, Programs, EAZ-FIX, Application Console - get message box with - 'EAZ-FIX is uninstalled'. Double-click EAZTray and icon flickers on and off in system tray. Can display the help information. Uninstall and reinstall EAZ-FIX. When restart machine can't access hdd with EAZ-FIX. Worked on dual-boot and eventually accessed the hard drive. The same difficulty exists. It seems EAZ-FIX does not support dual-boot.

2. Kapiti

Kapiti Registered Member

This is from EAZ-FIX FAQ:

Can I install EAZ-FIX on dual boot systems?
    Yes, you need to select Custom Setup and install EAZ-FIX in each OS. Check for details in EAZ-FIX User's Guide.

John

3. vinn

vinn Registered Member

Thanks for the information!

4. vinn

vinn Registered Member

EAZ-FIX now working on my dual boot system.

5. Reposed

Reposed Registered Member

You can also specify which partitions it will monitor. I have it installed on two partitions but have it only monitoring one of them.

6. vinn

vinn Registered Member

Where in the help doc will I find this info?

7. Reposed

Reposed Registered Member

Option appears during installation when you choose multiboot option and you have it already installed it on all other OS's. You choose the first option ("this is not a multiboot system or you have it already installed on all other OS's"). The next window will show the partitions EAZ-fix is installed on and you can tick untick the ones you wish to montior. However, you must monitor the partition you are doing the final install in, so install EAZ-Fix first on partitions you don't wish monitor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.