EAV 6 - Cloud-powered scanning?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus/Smart Security Beta' started by VXB, May 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VXB

VXB Registered Member

Say what?

Can you explain what is Cloud-powered scanning for speeding up scans?

"from pdf spec sheet" Cloud-powered scanning Speeds up scans by whitelisting safe files based on file reputation database
    I'm really really curious to know what local information is sent to the cloud.

Thanks

Last edited: May 21, 2012
  2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Information about binary files that would be useful in identifying it, such as name, location on the system, hash and so forth.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

Hi Aryeh,

May I ask some more explanation about that "file reputation database".

Let's say I am the only one in the world who still uses file-integrity-checker NISFileCheck (no more available). So the chance that you would see it in your "file reputation database" is close to zero. Still, there is absolutely nothing malicious with it, zero, nada.

You get my feeling, I guess. I'm not a big fan of cloud "file reputation databases".

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The file won't be detected just because you're the only one in the world who has the file on a computer. The good thing about cloud scanning is that we may skip deeper analysis of files that are common and have good reputation. This way scans are much faster. You should recognize the difference when running several scans with Smart optimization disabled and enabled.

5. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

Thanks Marcos for the explanation! :thumb:

6. Atul88

Atul88 Registered Member

So is it supposed to Save ESET's recent Awful repair ability o_O :doubt: :doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.