EAV 3.0 Advanced Heuristics question

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Zyrtec, Mar 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zyrtec

Zyrtec Registered Member

I've configured EAV 3.0.642 on my laptop as per Blackspear's settings which I imported using the XML file in the tutorial.

I've noticed that the Advanced Heuristics are unchecked as well as in the default settings if you install EAV 3.0 using the default settings.

I'm aware that by checking the Advanced Heuristics make your computer to run very slowly when performing task such as opening the contents of a thumb drive or viewing files through Windows Explorer.

But I'm a little bit worried if by having AH unchecked makes my laptop more vulnerable to viruses, trojans and other malware.

Am I right on this assessment or my laptop is still well protected even with AH disabled ?

Will there be a fix for this so we can enable AH without any slowness on our PCs ?

Thanks,

Carlos

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

By default, AH is enabled for newly created/modified files so if you have it disabled on access, new files that are being written to the disk will be scanned by AH anyway.

With the growing speed of processors, I assume that the time necessary to emulate files will decrease in the future.

3. Zyrtec

Zyrtec Registered Member

Thank you, Marcos for your clear and informative response to my inquiry. :thumb:

Marcos, I also wanted to ask you this : Are the AH in EAV 3.0.642 equivalent to the AH in NOD32 v. 2.70.39 or are the EAV 3.0 ones far better than those of version 2.7 ?

Thank you,

Carlos

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

For now they are same, but in the future v3 will probably catch more than v2 due to its improved engine.

5. proactivelover

proactivelover Registered Member

i always enable AH on real-time protection when i install new OS this way no system slow down occur and now eset developed new heuristic rules like static which will improve v3 protection

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.