Easy migrate / Easy Move ?? Help

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by czc587, Jan 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. czc587

czc587 Registered Member

I had a maxtor 160 mb drive and bought a maxtor 250 mg drive. I wanted the 250 to me my new systems drive. The 250 was just formatted and stated healthy by xp. I used EMigrate to clone 160 to the 250. Now the 250 seems to have been cloned but the drive is now a partition of 157mg and 80mg of unallocated space, and the original c drive is completely unallocated space o_O I checked the 160 drive with ontract and the files are still on there, but its as it the partition is mission or a something. I wanted to keep the original C drive as a backup.

So what I have now is my new c: 250 mg drive says it 157mg with 80mg wasted.

My original c drive appears deal

Can anyone help, get my 80 mg back and restore my original C drive ?

Anyone explani what happened ?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello czc587,

Thank you for choosing Acronis System Transferring Software.

Most likely you have chosen the option to delete the content of your original hard drive and selected to transfer the partition as it was on the source drive. That is why your new destination hard drive has the C: partition 160 GB and 80 GB of unallocated space.

If you are sure that you have not chosen these options during the cloning procedure then please create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post and submit a request for technical support. Attach the collected report file to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

3. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Acronis support is correct. You opted to destroy all data on the source 160GB HDD, should left alone. And you made the partition on the destination 250GB HDD drive as is, should be proportional. Just read all the options before making any one choice. Now just clone the 250GB HDD to the 160GB HDD & you're done. And don't forget to move the jumpers from Master to Slave or vice versa. Let us know. Acronis MigrateEasy is the easiest & most dependable software there is for HDD to HDD transfers.:D

4. czc587

czc587 Registered Member

ok, I didnt recall changing any options, so assumed the default would be not to destroy data, but I'll double check. I'll copy back to the 160 and see what happens.

So now on my 250 drive, can I use the partion tool to increase the size from 157 to 250 without concern (after copying back to the 160) ?

5. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Don't know about, "So now on my 250 drive, can I use the partion tool to increase the size from 157 to 250 without concern (after copying back to the 160) ?"

But after you assure yourself that the 160GB HDD works in every way. Boots, all data there etc. Clone the 160GB HDD to the 250GB HDD using the PROPORTIONAL option NOT the as is option. That will restore the size to *250GB. Course you know the true size of that drive is closer to 240GB not 250GB.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello zapjb and czc587,

Thank you for choosing Acronis System Transferring Software.

Thank you for your comments zapjb. You are absolutely right.

Yes, you can use such a tool for your purposes. We can offer you to take a look at our Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0.

We may also recommend you to install a trial version in order to make sure that the program runs flawless for you.

Please visit Acronis online store to purchase the full version of the product.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

7. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

@Acronis Support. The only tool of this nature, i.e. disk cloning, partition rearranging, etc. That I've easily understood the GUI & the program has never failed me is Acronis MigrateEasy6. All other products including True Image, Symantec Ghost, First Disk Instant Recovery & a few others that I've thankfully forgot their names. Have always confounded me & or failed me. First off their GUI's are nonsensical & have incomplete & or misleading explations for the various options offered. So right now I'm content with my current solution. See my sig. When I have some time & renewed patience I'll give other programs a go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.