EarthLink's Passwords are naked..

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Paul Wilders, Jun 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

2. Mike_Healan

Mike_Healan Registered Member

Now that's the silliest thing I've ever heard of.
    Just have the service rep change the passwd to something that expires in 10 minutes, long enough for the customer to log in and change it on the ISP's website or something.

3. zappa

zappa Registered Member

One of my ISP's. I am always very nice to the support people. After all the first thing one does when contacting them is give them your password.

I haven't had any problems I'm aware of. Actually their tech support is darn good. Their DSL upload and download speeds are consistent with what they advertise.

4. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

mmm..support being nice is not the issue here; I'm sure they are. Personally, I've never provided my password when contacting my ISP concerning a prob. My commonly know account specs have been sufficient.

I'm sure all this is true, zappa ;). Fact remains, their policy is far from common practice - and for good reasons.

regards.

paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.