eamon.sys and BSOD

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by spursfan, Aug 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spursfan

spursfan Registered Member

I am running smart security on a 4 user licence and am having problems on my own pc, the others are fine. I am using Win XP Pro. I have an ASUS motherboard with a AMD Phenom 11 Quad Core 955, 4gb of DDR3 Mhz ram and a ATI Radeon 5750 1gb ram.

This was installed last December and I have had no problems until around May this year. When launching internet explorer 7 i have on occasions got the BSOD with the warning of eamon.sys memory issue. This only occured occaisionally (about once a month) This week I have had the problem 3 times and felt I need some assistance in resolving the problem. I hope you can help me.

I have googled eamon.sys and BSOD and appears this is linked to Nod32.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Do you actually have the most current version 4.2.64 installed?

3. spursfan

spursfan Registered Member

Yes it is bang upto date

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please configure Windows to generate a complete memory dump per the instructions here, reproduce BSOD and eventually compress the dump. Let me know when done so that I can provide you with further instructions.

5. kenl

kenl Registered Member

i know this is a bit old but i have the same issue on windows 2003 server sp2.
    if you could help please
    thanks

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.