E0007001: Internal Error: Number of copied sectors different from counted

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jasondunn, Jul 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jasondunn

jasondunn Registered Member

I've submitted an earlier version of this to tech support, but I'm desperate to find a solution so I thought I'd post here...

Hi there. I have a Dell Inspiron 6400 laptop where the install of Windows Vista got trashed, so I need to roll back to the clean image I took back in February 2007. The image is a two-part file, likely created with TrueImage 10, and the two image files are on an external hard drive.

Since my TrueImage 11 boot CD won't work with this laptop (the software never loads), I'm using my TrueImage 10 boot CD. When I do the restore, the first strange thing is that when I select the "Restore Disks or Partitions" option, I'm given the choice of my C: drive **or** the "MBR and Track 0"...not a whole drive option that I'd expect to see. I'm unable to select both of them.

I select the C: drive to restore (149 GB capacity, 133.2 GB free space, NTFS) and do the restore selecting the C: drive as the target (149 GB capacity, 149 GB free space, NTFS), and make it the Active partition. The free space before and after is 0 bytes, so I'm restoring a 149 GB partition. I've done a validation of the archive as well, and they've checked out ok, no errors.

When I run this restore, it goes to 100%, but then I get the following error:

"E0007001: Internal Error: Number of copied sectors different from counted"

I need to get this laptop up and running ASAP. Is there a solution to this error?

UPDATE: After the first restore failed, I did a restore of the MBR 0, and that completed ok. I rebooted and went back into TrueImage, and when I try to restore the C: drive the only partition I have to pick from says "Unallocated". The "Restored Partition Size" is 0 bytes before, 149 GB in size, and 47.07 MB after. Amazingly, that restore completed! Windows still wouldn't boot right away (I'm running the Vista repair option now), but at least the TrueImage restore worked.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jasondunn,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please notice that the option to restore a whole drive is only available if all partitions of the drive were backed up. You can still restore both partitions and MBR and Track 0 during the same restore operation by choosing "Yes, I want to restore another partition or hard disk drive" when the option appears. See paragraph 6.3.10 "Restoring several disks or partitions at once" of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home User's Guide for details.

The error message you mentioned usually appears when the partition has bad sectors. We recommend you to run "chkdsk /r" on the partition in question to fix possible errors.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.