"E0004000B: The drive is not ready" error

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by newguy1, Jan 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newguy1

newguy1 Guest

I just purcahsed version 8.0 today and installed on a new dell d800 laptop. I can create an image to an external hardive just finr, but when I go to write to the CD drive I get the following error

"E0004000B: The drive is not reday. Please press Retry to try again or press cancel to cancel the operation and stop."

i have rebotted, retried, cancleed, tried differet medai, etc...all to no avail..any ideas?

Thanks for the help.

2. Vinu

Vinu Registered Member

Hi, newguy1

I had that problem. My fix was to wait until the CD drive made some sounds soon after it started up. Try waiting a little after you insert the disk tray.

Good luck!

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello newguy1,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Please uncheck the "Enable Cd recording on this drive" box in the "Recording" tab (to get to this tab please right click on the CD-drive in "My computer" and choose "Properties").

Also please try the following workaround:

- Eject any disc from the burner prior to starting the program;
    - Proceed until the program asks for a disc;
    - Insert a disc and then click the OK button to close the tray automatically.

If nothing helps please send the link to this thread to support@acronis.com. We will do our best in order to help you.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.