E00040004: Disk is Full Error

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Hanker65, Nov 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hanker65

Hanker65 Registered Member

With True Image 8, I created a Secure Zone and Full back-up several months ago. I wanted to do another Full back-up of 18.92GB (10.72GB w/ normal compression) and I get the error message "Disk is Full" after it analyzes the partitions.

Deleted the Secure Zone and created a new one on Disk 2 with a 70GB size and get the same error.

When in "Manage Acronis Secure Zone" / "Increase Size", it shows:
    Secure Zone (k:], 15.66MB cap, 3.13MB Used, NTFS type
    It also shows as grayed-out:
    Acronis Secure Zone 70.91GB cap, 0.03GB used, type:Acronis Secure Zone

It also has a statement at the bottom of the screen, stating "Space available for Acronis Secure Zone: 70.91GB"

It will however not let me increase the size. It states that the current size is maximum possible.

I have the latest upgrade build installed as well.

Would appreciate your help.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2005
  2. Cintra

Cintra Registered Member

I see you have waited since this morning for an answer, so what I would suggest until you get a more official response, is reinstall True Image. Sounds as though something has been corrupted.

I had problems recently when/after resizing my Acronis Zone and either I reinstalled or rebooted, I'm afraid I didn't note which. I guess you have rebooted already...

Regards

3. Hanker65

Hanker65 Registered Member

Somebody, please slap me! I believe that I answered my own question.

When using the "Create Image Wizard", and in selecting a place to store the image, TI-8 opens a disk drive directory and has hidden the Acronis Secure Zone at the top (behind the pull-down). TI-8 for some reason, does not use the total partion for the Secure Zone and leaves a little bit available in the partition (partion K for my example). This small space suckered me into believing it was the Secure Zone (which was hidden from view at the top of the directory.

Maybe, I answered others of you that might have fell into that trap.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Hanker65,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please check your hard drives for errors?
    - For Windows 9x please use Windows menu Start\Run
    then enter the command "scandskw" and test all drives.
    - For Windows XP please use Windows menu Start\Run, then enter the command "chkdsk <drive> /r" for every your drive.
    Be aware, this may demand a reboot of your computer.

Please install Acronis driver with disabled logging and see whether the problem remains.

If the problem still persists, please create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post and submit a request for technical support containing the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. Please also provide the information confirming your purchase of Acronis software (order number, e-mail, where did you purchase our product, etc.)

We will do our best in order to resolve the problem under consideration as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.