E00040001: Failed to backup file or folder

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mrichmond, Apr 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrichmond

mrichmond Registered Member

Hello,

I'm running True Image Home 11.0 Build 8,101. The OS is WinXPSP2. The computer is a Dell 610.

I've been using the product with no errors for several months. Recently I allowed the OS to compress a few files to save space. I now repeatedly receive this error on a compressed file. The backup does not complete.

Has anyone else seen this? Is there a fix? Can True Image not read compressed files at all?

-mrichmon

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mrichmon,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

I have sent a file to you via PM, please install it and see if the issue remains.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

3. PVSmith

PVSmith Registered Member

I did the same kind of compression on a NFTS hard drive and now I receive hundreds of "Failed to backup file" error warnings. Can you please send me the same executable and see if I can get my Acronis back to where I can actually get the backups to run like they used to? I have tried everything to fix this.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello PVSmith,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

To provide you with the appropriate file I should know the exact version and the build number of Acronis program you use.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.