E0004000: Error creating the file

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by wkacronis, Apr 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wkacronis

wkacronis Registered Member

I have just downloaded and installed True Image 8.0, build 826, on my laptop (HP nx9005), so I can image my drive on the network, and then install a new, larger drive in the laptop, and then load the saved image on the new drive from the network drive.

But when I attempted to create the image (using the wizard), after the 'Proceed' command, it gave the error message 'E0004000: Error creating the file'. Retry did not help.

I do have full rights on the network target drive (tested again by copying another file to the desired location).

Many thanks for your help!

William

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello William,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please try to create the image and store it on the local computer. After that please try to copy this image to the network storage you need and let us know the result of all these operations.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. wkacronis

Hello Ilya,

Thanks for the response.

I don't have enough space on the current hard drive to save the image! It is only 20GB, with 14GB full.

Best regards,
    William

4. Acronis Support

Hello William,

Could you please make sure you have enough space on the network share? Please note that the size of the future image shown by Acronis True Image is estimation and the real size may be larger.

Do you have any opportunity to plug another hard drive to your local computer to create image and store it locally? Are you creating the image of the whole drive with more than one partition? If so please create the image of single partition and store it to your network drive to see whether the result is the same and if it is please try the approach I proposed before, i.e. to store the image locally and then just copy to the network.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. wkacronis

Hello Ilya,

The target drive partition on the network has over 16GB free space, so it must be large enough. My local computer is a laptop - don't have any extra drive to plug in. I am trying to create an image of the whole drive, but it is only a single partition, 19GB total with 6GB free space.

Thanks,
    William

6. Acronis Support

Hello William,

Could you please do the following?

- Start Acronis True Image and create a new task using Schedule Task wizard, but do not schedule it (on the Start Parameters page choose "Do not start automatically"). Set the name of the new task to "Test Task";
    - Download the following file from our site:

http://www.acronis.com/files/support/TrueImage8.0_dbg_s_en.zip

- Unpack this archive into the \Program Files\Acronis\TrueImage folder;
    - Open the \Documents and Settings\[User]\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImage\Scripts\ folder and find the script file with the following parameter inside: display name="Test Task". Please note that this folder is hidden, so you may need to enable "Show hidden files and folders" option in Tools\Folder Options\View menu;
    - Copy this script file to the \Program Files\Acronis\TrueImage folder and rename the copy for simplicity (for example, name it 'test.tis');
    - Start Command Prompt from Start -> Programs -> Accessories menu;
    - Type the following commands in the shell window:

cd \Program Files\Acronis\TrueImage
    ti_demon /script: test.tis > ti.log 2>&1 ('test.tis' is the name of the copied script file)

- Send the ti.log file (from the \Program Files\Acronis\TrueImage folder) to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. This will allow us to investigate the problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

7. wkacronis

Hello Irina,

I will try what you suggest, but first I wanted to try something else: I made the target drive another PC on the network, which is also running XP, like my laptop. My earlier attempts were to try to save the laptop image to my file server PC, which runs Win98.

This worked perfectly, including the subsequent restore to a new, larger drive I installed in my laptop!

Does this mean I cannot use a Acronis to store from a WinXP PC (using NTFS) to a networked PC running Win98 (FAT32), but only to another PC using XP/NTFS?

Best regards,
    William

8. Acronis Support

Hello William,

You should not have a problem to create image to a networked PC running Windows98. Please contact us via e-mail, we will investigate the problem.

Thank you
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.