E000101F4: Application module error (Running on Vista)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Stu007, Feb 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stu007

Stu007 Registered Member

Hello

I have recently installed Acronis TI 10 on my PC, which is running Vista Home Premium x64.

I get the error on startup (not proceded any further yet) "E000101F4: Application module error" and then to reinstall Acronis TI 10.

It has not happened on any of the computers I have installed on that are running XP, so I presume it might be a Vista problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Stu

2. Stu007

Stu007 Registered Member

anybody please?

3. dscrap

dscrap Registered Member

You need to better describe what is happenning and what you did if you expext any help. When does the error occur? After or before you did something like restore or backup? Is startup recovery manager installed? What is your drive configuration? Details man!

4. Stu007

Stu007 Registered Member

The error occurs when starting the program. I have not proceeded any further into the program yet to check what it does.

This is the first install on this pc. It has been installed from the same acronis discs as on my pc computers, on which acronis works perfectly.

Computer Specs:

Vista Home Premium x64
    Intel Conroe E6600 @ 2.4 GHz
    2GB Corsair Dominator RAM
    320GB SATA II Hard Drive
    250GB External USB HDD
    X-Fi Sound Card (Beta Drivers)
    8800GTX (Beta Drivers)
    Linksys Wireless Adapter

What other details do you need?

Also what is recovery manager?

Stu

5. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

No idea about your application error but the recovery manager is officially known as the Startup Recover Manager (SRM). It has to be used with archives in the Secure Zone and needs to be configured before use. It will overwrite the MBR with special code.

If you lose your OS you can on bootup press F11 and it will let your go into SRM to restore your system without using the boot CD. Two things to be aware of: You need to be using the SZ and it modifies the MBR. I never use it.

When I wrote the "I never use it" it caused me to think of my use of Drive Image and TI. I realize that over the years I have never had to restore an image because of a dead HD - the restore always has been planned such as for testing software and for upgrading to a different HD. I hope saying this doesn't change my luck! :D

6. dscrap

dscrap Registered Member

By starting the program, do you mean booting the computer? If it is a boot problem, then just boot from the Vista disc and do a boot repair. It takes 5 minutes. I had a similar boot problem after restoring with TI.

Post back if you need more help.

7. Stu007

Stu007 Registered Member

Never mind, fixed the problem.

Reinstalled TI and works fine now :)

Thanks for help guys

Stu

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.