E000101F4: Acronis Disk Director Suite has not found any hard disk drives

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by lcassell, Jul 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lcassell

lcassell Registered Member

I have two new Dell Optiplex 755s with single SATA drives (no RAID).
    The Acronis bootable CD image (build 8101) gives the E00101F4 error unless I go into the BIOS and change the Dell defaults in the Drives/SATA Operation section from RAID autodetect/AHCI to "Legacy" mode. I have read other threads going back a year where they changed from AHCI to ATA mode and that worked for them. I had a similar issue with a Ghost boot CD and had to change it to the RAID autodetect/ATA setting to allow the ghost CD to detect the SATA drives.

BTW.. I worked phone support for Dell from 11/06 to 5/08, and the internal knowledge base (DellServe) suggests changing RAID autodetect/AHCI to RAID autodetect/ATA, and vise versa, for hung boot issues. Also turning off the SATA optical drives allowed booting when Symantec AV was trying to scan the drives.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello lcassell,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If the issue persists, could you please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly?

Please create Acronis Report, Windows system information and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will do our best to investigate the problem and provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. hnikolaus

hnikolaus Registered Member

Hi,
    has this issue been resolved? I am having the same problem:
    Optiplex 755, Disk Director 10.0 Build 2160
    doesn't find the SATA drive in either RAID/AHCI or RAID/ATA mode,
    just in "Legacy" mode, which seems to slow down backup/restore speed considerably (1 hour vs. 10 minutes when done with the old Optiplex 740).
    Your tip with "acpi=off noapic" didn't work for me.
    Greetings
    Harald

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello lcassell,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

Contact Acronis support and submit technical request using this link or contact us via Live Chat and we will provide you the latest ISO image of Acronis True Image bootable disc which will solve the issue.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.