e Trust Firewall

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by solarpowered candle, Jun 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

I have been looking at e Trusts firewall , and downloaded it , and noticed its almost the image iof zonealarm , but really so much easier to set up and use . It has the EZ Firewall version 3.7.179 and True Vector security engine version 3.7.179 and the same Driver version. I think they said that CA are a part of zonelabs or have interests as such . If this be so , I wionder why many dont opt for EZ Firewall instead ?
    Its $39 the first year and $19 there after .
    Has any one had any experience with this. Thanks

2. meneer

meneer Registered Member

Well, CA is not part of Zonelabs :) they are one of the largest 'independent' software developers.

On their website you can read the about the relationship:

CA is not very well known in the consumer market, their focus so far has been the corporate business, although the AV-solution is quite popular (and of a very decent quality).

So, it is ZoneAlarm and it seems more user friendly. By all means try it;)

3. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

Hello Meneer, Thanks for the nice info . I have it now running on my system as its a very good compliment to the CA anti virus download that you posted last week , ( by the way thanks for that , Its a great software package indeed.) :cool:

4. meneer

meneer Registered Member

You're welcome, always glad to help ;)

5. Does it have any privacy controls like ZAPRO? Or is it more like the free ZAF?

6. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

eTrust EZ Firewall

"Description: eTrust EZ Firewall, is brought to you by Computer Associates, a Fortune 500 company and leading global software developer. Developed from award-winning firewall code used by millions, through our partnership with leading edge firewall developer, ZoneLabs, eTrust EZ Firewall provides proven security and protection for your home and small office PC’s.

- EZ to use Low, Medium, and High security settings for the novice user
    - Effectively blocks hackers and cyber vandals
    - Provides advanced email attachment protection
    - Stops other Websites from monitoring your activity
    - Ad blocking and Cookie control features for a more enjoyable Internet experience
    - Our “Value Subscription” includes unlimited Support and all product upgrades so you always have the latest and greatest version running on your PC."

Regards,

CrazyM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.