e Trust Firewall

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by solarpowered candle, Jun 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

I have been looking at e Trusts firewall , and downloaded it , and noticed its almost the image iof zonealarm , but really so much easier to set up and use . It has the EZ Firewall version 3.7.179 and True Vector security engine version 3.7.179 and the same Driver version. I think they said that CA are a part of zonelabs or have interests as such . If this be so , I wionder why many dont opt for EZ Firewall instead ?
    Its $39 the first year and $19 there after .
    Has any one had any experience with this. Thanks

2. meneer

meneer Registered Member

Well, CA is not part of Zonelabs :) they are one of the largest 'independent' software developers.

On their website you can read the about the relationship:

CA is not very well known in the consumer market, their focus so far has been the corporate business, although the AV-solution is quite popular (and of a very decent quality).

So, it is ZoneAlarm and it seems more user friendly. By all means try it;)

3. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

Hello Meneer, Thanks for the nice info . I have it now running on my system as its a very good compliment to the CA anti virus download that you posted last week , ( by the way thanks for that , Its a great software package indeed.) :cool:

4. meneer

meneer Registered Member

You're welcome, always glad to help ;)

5. Does it have any privacy controls like ZAPRO? Or is it more like the free ZAF?

6. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

eTrust EZ Firewall

"Description: eTrust EZ Firewall, is brought to you by Computer Associates, a Fortune 500 company and leading global software developer. Developed from award-winning firewall code used by millions, through our partnership with leading edge firewall developer, ZoneLabs, eTrust EZ Firewall provides proven security and protection for your home and small office PC’s.

- EZ to use Low, Medium, and High security settings for the novice user
    - Effectively blocks hackers and cyber vandals
    - Provides advanced email attachment protection
    - Stops other Websites from monitoring your activity
    - Ad blocking and Cookie control features for a more enjoyable Internet experience
    - Our “Value Subscription” includes unlimited Support and all product upgrades so you always have the latest and greatest version running on your PC."

Regards,

CrazyM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.