e machine critical

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by budda, Jul 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. budda

budda Registered Member

Hi all iwonder if any one here can help with this , my daughters puter (emachine 270) running xp home decided it could'nt find operating system any more. we managed to get it boot up and save to disc her pictures , which she treasures .So me in my infinite wisdom decided to reformat c , nice fresh start etc......but half way through symantec ghost 7.0.0.260.asks me to change discs to the driver disc.This i do and it then stops and says cannot open ghosterr.txt cannot read from file,so now the emachine is just a paper wwieght.Ihave visited the symantic help pages , so iwondered if any of you clever people out there could give me any advice.Don't want to bin it yet its only 16months old here's hoping.
    dave__________________

2. Arin

Arin Registered Member

dear Dave, why are you using your old OS image? try installing freshly from your XP installation CD. this'll take more time but its the best way.

3. budda

budda Registered Member

hi thats what appears when you put in the restore disc that came with puter :rolleyes: and thanks for your reply

4. puppyrazzi

puppyrazzi Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.