DVR Program use almost 100% CPU?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by toughman, Jan 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toughman

toughman Registered Member

I have a DVR system installed with internet connection. The DVR program, capture.exe, normally uses about 10 to 20% CPU doing his jobs including video processing, recording, networking... and so. However, since the end of 11/2005, the system became very slow and capture.exe took about 97~99% of CPU. Sometimes it wolud be kicked out to desktop (Win XP). Without rebooting the system, it will run normally if I stop/rerun the DVR program. However, it only lasts for a few days and will show the same problem.

I have several systems have been experiencing the same problem.

Can someone please advise me:
    1. What could be the cause of problem?
    2. What kind of programs (antivirus, process watcher, port monitor) should I use to get the root cause of the problem?
    3. How to prevent it for problem-free?

I really appreciate all people here!

Roger

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey Roger,

In case it might help....what is the actual name of this Digital Video Recorder? program :doubt:

3. NGRhodes

NGRhodes Registered Member

Its worth checking DMA is enabled for the device.

4. toughman

toughman Registered Member

I have installed a lots of systems. So far, only the systems with internet access experienced this problem. In addition, this problem occured after the end of 11/2005. This should be something with virus/spyware.

Does anoyone have this kind of problem?

5. dturner

dturner Registered Member

I work for a company that sells and installs DVR systems and we are the same problem. I was wondering what software you are using, OS with Service Pack is being used and if you have anymore info to shed some light on the problem. Our software vender had told us it was a problem with Windows SP2 running with high graphic programs. Microsoft gave us a fix for it but it did not help the problem.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.