DVDs integrity check successful but did not read all DVDs

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Som30ne, Jul 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Som30ne

Som30ne Registered Member

Hi All.

I am trying Paragon Backup and Recovery 2013 (free) and I experience a strange behavior.

I backed up an Laptop HDD (with Win 8 and a manufacturer restoration partition structure), on a set of DVD disks.

I used the Paragon Boot CD to perform a full HDD backup.

I then re-booted the computer with the Paragon boot CD,
    Ran Paragon Backup and Recovery (from the CD),
    In the General menu I selected Archive Info,

Selected the file on the first DVD (disk.pbf).
    It showed the disk structure that was backed up, with all partitions it has.
    I selected "Check integrity" button.
    It read a few of the first disks, and specified that the operation succeeded, although it did not read all the DVDs.

So - My question is - how is it possible that the integrity check succeeded, if not all data was read ?

And a resulting question - will a restore operation read all the disks ? or will it also stop without using all the DVDs, and say that restoration is done, without restoring all data/partitions ?

Many thanks in advance.

2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

Maybe there are several PBFs in the backup. You could try the other disks, and verify the other PBFs, if any.

If you plan to do regular image backups, consider using an external USB disk instead of optical disks. You will find less problems working this way.

3. Som30ne

Som30ne Registered Member

Thanks for the quick reply.

I did try starting from a different DVD disk.
    There was a file with the same name (Disk.pbf).
    It showed one of the partitions,
    and then asked to start from Disk 1,
    and again - read only several first DVDs.

4. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

A shot-in-the-dark, but normally imaging programs (but I don't know about Paragon specifically) create the archive and then write out meta-data describing the archive on the last DVD. Try starting out with the last DVD and see if it is any different.

I strongly support Robin A.'s suggestion of using an external HD. It is far faster and much less frustrating.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.