DVD R/RW

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Dual62, Dec 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dual62

Dual62 Registered Member

I've just installed a copy of Acronis True Image trail version (I have an 'ACER T135' desktop PC). When I try to create an image of my HD onto DVD's Acronis doesn't seem to recognise my DVD writer. It keeps asking for a 'CD' (and also in the wizard screen there's falsely 'CD-R/RW' indicated, while it's a 'DVD-R/RW' I have installed here). I even tried installing Nero's 'InCD 4 Reader' (read that somewhere in the help files), but it's still not working. Writing the image to my HDD works fine, but that's not what I need really..

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Dual62,

You can ignore the fact that TI reports DVDs as CDs; that's just the way it is.

If you haven't already done so, please read <Acronis True Image 9 Online FAQ #27>. Also, my reply in this previous thread titled <Three Newbie Questions> provides additional information on how to create images on DVDs.

Regards

Last edited: Dec 20, 2005
  3. Dual62

Dual62 Registered Member

I've read everything at the links you posted and as a result I've installed Nero 6 and am now able to prepare my DVD's for UDF packet writing. The DVD's are now accepted by True Image and creating an image works just fine. It's also great to be able to use my DVD's just like a hard disk now(drag&drop, delete, rename and so on..). Thanks for your help!

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

That's good news!! Just remember to use the Check Archive Wizard to verify an image after its created. Finding out that an image is corrupt partway through a restore is NOT GOOD - the partitions on the destination drive will have been deleted by then :'(.

Regards

5. Dual62

Dual62 Registered Member

Yes, I always make sure checking the integrity of a important copy. One crooked bit in the entire image could indeed turn out to be a disaster...
    Thanks again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.