DVD Format / Image Creation

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Jeff2004, Oct 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff2004

Jeff2004 Registered Member

Hi,

I am struggling with some of the same issues that others have posted about; but, I haven't seen answers that make sense.

I recently purchased True Image 8. I upgraded to the most current build (771). (Although I am confused why that build wasn't current when I downloaded True Image this weekend.)

I have formatted DVD+Rs with Roxio Drag-to-Disc as recommended on the Acronis website. There doesn't appear to be a problem; however, when I get part way through the archive process, I recieve an error message stating: E00070004: Failed to write date to the image archive file. A possible reason may be poor quality media." I receive this message when the process is anywhere between 20% and 40% complete.

I have tried two different types of DVD+Rs. I have tried this process almost a dozen times with the same results.

Are there specific parameters that should be used with Drag-to-Disc when formatting the DVDs? (If so, what are they?)

I have done two image archives to different hard drives with no problem on either. I copied the 650 MB files from the hard drive to DVDs using Roxio with no errors. I would think that this process would somewhat validate the DVD media, and the DVD burner.

Any thoughts?

Jeff

2. bradbort

bradbort Guest

I'm having the same problem. I wonder if its an incompatiblity between true image and roxio's latest drag to disk?

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

If you search this Forum you'll find Roxio Drag-to-Disk has given more people problems than you can shake a stick at. The general consensus is that you're far better off using Nero InCD.

Regards

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Jeff and bradbort,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Can you please try to decrease the burning speed? If it doesn't help please contact support@acronis.com.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Andrew Berezovsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.