during converting FAT32 to NTFS, POWER FAILURE!!!

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by ragamuffin, Feb 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ragamuffin

ragamuffin Registered Member

Dear you,
    During the operation where I tried to convert one of my partitions from FAT32 to NFTS, power failure happened. It's a large external hard disk, 1T, and I can't find dirs and files on it:'( . How can I get my data from the partition? Is there any opportunity to resume the converting operation?

Thanks

Victor

2. Paragon_MattK

Paragon_MattK Paragon Moderator

Please take a look at this thread covering a similar situation:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=265124

You will likely need to use a data recovery tool to recovery the lost files. There is no way to resume the conversion operation, also you should NOT run chkdsk(with the /f or /r options, without options is ok) on the drive, because it will not properly detect the file system and could cause further corruption of the data.

3. ragamuffin

Thanks for your kind reply.
    Well, will chkdsk without options work well, and could I retrieve my data on the portable external hard disk ( WESTERN DIGITAL)?

4. ragamuffin

I found this---"Power interruptions while running a Partition Manager operation"

But, I dont know how to perform it and am not sure whether it will work well?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.