Dual destination backup

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Gerd, Dec 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gerd

Gerd Registered Member

Using the latest version of Echo Server for windows I created my secure zone on my network drive.

Next I scheduled a backup and wanted to use the dual destination option. The backup is using the secure zone but I can't seem to find the option where I set the dual destination.

The secure zone is on my D drive and the dual destination location would be on my E: drive.

When either creating a backup job or a backup task I just don't see that option anywhere. Also checking the default backup options does not list it either.

Anybody knows where I need to set this up? I checked the user guide but that is rather basic and does not list where exactly that option is set.

Thanks for any comments and feedback.

2. mustang

mustang Developer

On Echo Workstation it is at Tool/Options.

Attached Files:

• Dual.jpg
      Dual.jpg
      File size:
      109.4 KB
      Views:
  3. Gerd

Gerd Registered Member

This is what I was looking for but on my Echo Server the default backup options don't have that settings (see attachment). By the way I was not able to copy a screen shot into my post.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Gerd,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that Acronis Secure Zone should not be created on a network drive.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

5. Gerd

Gerd Registered Member

My secure zone is not on a network drive but a physical internal disk on the server running the echo server software.

The problem is that the dual destination option is missing in the echo server for windows (it's in all other versions), but will be included in the next built.

6. mustang

mustang Developer

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it to be added to the Server version. You may want to upgrade to Enterprise Server.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.