Dual boot with Linux

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by Acadia, Mar 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Over a year ago I experimented with a Linux distro inside of a virtual machine (Virtual Box) on my FD-ISR protected system. Then I purchased a new pc and forgot all about Linux. I'd like to start experimenting with Linux again but this time instead of installing it inside of a VM, I would like to install it directly in a dual boot configuration.

Have many of you here used FD-ISR in a dual-boot configuration? If so, have you had any problems recovering your Windows partition using FD-ISR? Have all of the wondrous features of FD continued to work for you? This would be the "original-classic" FD-ISR that I would be using on my original Windows partition and this is on a Windows XP Pro 32-bit system.

If I have not given you enough information for an intelligent answer, let me know, thank you.

Acadia

2. pandlouk

pandlouk Registered Member

I use FD-ISR and linux all the time.
    Since FD-ISR does not touch the mbr it does not conflict with the bootmanagers, and all its features will continue to work fine.

Panagiotis

3. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Ok, thank you, Panagiotis.

Acadia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.