Dual Boot from Image.

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by Squealky, Nov 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squealky

Squealky Registered Member

I have two physical drives(Disks).Disk 1 contains two partitions.C is the OS and D is for music samples.E is one partition for recorded music.On E I have a True Image image of my music OS.Is it possible,using Disk Director Suite,to create a new partition adjacent to the C partition and to transfer my music OS onto it to create an entirely separate bootable OS,leaving the C OS as it is for Internet duties?There is plenty of space on the D partition.
    Thanks.

2. pjiv

pjiv Registered Member

Short Answer: Yes

Long Answer:

Asuming D follows C, resize D so there is space BEFORE D in the amount of the new partition you want to create. There is your space for your partition next to C. Make a Primary Active Partition. It will become D! Don't worry too much about this for now. Copy your OS to your new drive.
    You have to use OSS Selector for the next part. OSS should show the new OS, detect it if it does not. Go go the properties of the OS's and hide the other OS partition from each other, so only 2 exist C (your OS you want to boot) and D (your Data). You may have to force the hiding depending on your OS. That's it.

3. Squealky

Squealky Registered Member

Thanks for that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.