DSO exploits:WinZip files-what to do?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Lasso23, Jul 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lasso23

Lasso23 Registered Member

Hi: This newbie downloaded Process Guard tonight. I got a program new to me, WinZip, in order to unzip a necessary file. When building a database of all zip files on the computer, noticed the DSO files. I then searched "all files & folders" and found over 100 numbered zip files, most 1 KB in file. A lot were in the Spybot Search & Destroy\Recovery files. More in my backup data files all also refering to the Spybot data. Finally - two additional sets of identical files: One set with folders icon, named dso in file: com/ms/xml.(0 KB) type: file folder. The other set in C:folder 1386 Direct Sound, named com/ms/xml/dso, size 11 KB each, type: CLASS file. What should I do with these files, or is any action necessary. I find DSO exploit each time I run Spybot, but have just closed the program as I have read it is relatively safe to ignore, and cannot do registry edits (newbie). Thanks!
    Running WinXP Pro,Pentium 4 with all windows updates, use IE 6, Norton AV & firewall. New to WinXP (old was Win95a) and I have new dsl service (former was dial-up). Also use Ad-Aware, Spyware Blaster & Guard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.