DSO exploits:WinZip files-what to do?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Lasso23, Jul 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lasso23

Lasso23 Registered Member

Hi: This newbie downloaded Process Guard tonight. I got a program new to me, WinZip, in order to unzip a necessary file. When building a database of all zip files on the computer, noticed the DSO files. I then searched "all files & folders" and found over 100 numbered zip files, most 1 KB in file. A lot were in the Spybot Search & Destroy\Recovery files. More in my backup data files all also refering to the Spybot data. Finally - two additional sets of identical files: One set with folders icon, named dso in file: com/ms/xml.(0 KB) type: file folder. The other set in C:folder 1386 Direct Sound, named com/ms/xml/dso, size 11 KB each, type: CLASS file. What should I do with these files, or is any action necessary. I find DSO exploit each time I run Spybot, but have just closed the program as I have read it is relatively safe to ignore, and cannot do registry edits (newbie). Thanks!
    Running WinXP Pro,Pentium 4 with all windows updates, use IE 6, Norton AV & firewall. New to WinXP (old was Win95a) and I have new dsl service (former was dial-up). Also use Ad-Aware, Spyware Blaster & Guard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.