DrWeb Updater

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Mongol, Apr 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

Has anyone else noticed that DrWeb updates silently now?. For a couple years I have gotten used to the updater flashing briefly on the screen hourly but now it just updates without the splash. The file numbers keep changing - keeping up with those on the website so I know it is keeping updated...just curious... :rolleyes:

2. Benvan45

Benvan45 Registered Member

Not at my place.......the updater still flashes by here!!!! Funny, that you don't see that anymore!

Maybe a re-install would do the trick?

Good luck...... ;) Putin

3. SDS909

SDS909 Registered Member

Interesting.. There IS a command line switch to make it silent though. Perhaps a reinstall would update it, or just use command line Switch.

4. tahoma

tahoma Registered Member

strange, co i've NEVER seen the flash. maybe cos im using a 3rd party scheduler (nncron) which has an option to start tasks hidden. theres also the /GO switch but i presume u know about that one

5. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

I noticed a note on the official website about a new Beagle worm blocking the updater and did download the hot add-on but the updater isnt actually being blocked since I am updating. Guess I'll try a fresh download and see what happens. As Gilda Radner used to say "theres always something". :D

6. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

Evidently the hot add-on DrWeb is recommending on the website made a change to my updaters command line. I noticed that it now has ST/ in it. Thats why I havent seen it flashing hourly on my screen. I took that out in lieu of further orders or recommendations from the DrWeb folks. I rather like seeing that thing flash, it comforts me letting me know it is looking out for me. Yes I am easily entertained.. :eek:

7. Benvan45

Benvan45 Registered Member

And what happens when you hit the manual update button? It should flash also......

Just wonder !!!

Good luck....!!!! ;) Putin

8. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

It does flash when I hit manual update. A simple solution to a weird event.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.