DrWeb support - is anybody home?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by bellgamin, Jul 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unity

Unity Registered Member

I thought the web shield was still in beta stage ? o_O

2. Serge Popov

Serge Popov AV Expert

Yes, its still in beta stage. However, I believe what latest Dr.Web scanner builds know about Dr.Web Shield and can use it. If there is a shield's driver file, it gets loaded and its API is used instead of plain Win32 API to cure or kill malware.

And no, its not drwebscd.exe or spidernt.exe but drwcore.sys and drwshield.sys drivers.

3. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Possibly off topic: Will Virus Chaser also get this technology?

This is a good method to kill malware. :)

4. Serge Popov

Serge Popov AV Expert

I dont know. After all, its not released yet.

5. Unity

Unity Registered Member

I know that all the developpers hate that kind of question :ninja: but ...Do you have any idea about a release date ?
    I really enjoy Dr Web so far and i know that i would probably enjoy it more with that component :D

6. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Reply here;

7. Unity

Unity Registered Member

Thanks Blackcat , that's what i was looking for ;)

8. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

This seems to be the appropriate thread to vent my frustration regarding Dr Web support. I have been having a problem with Dr Web; it seems as though it has been making all of my system icons enlarge when I apply any theme from either WindowBlinds or StyleXP. Any icon from within any program is effected. I have contacted support. We went back and forth and finally they told me that there was nothing they could do about it, after two weeks or so. I let them know that if this is the case I would need a refund for Dr Web as i cannot use it and need to look elsewhere for protection. This problem made my system unuseable. I have not heard anything back after that. It has been five days.

I am very unhappy at Dr Web support and can no longer recommend it to anyone who comes in to my shop. I cannot recomend something that they might have problem with, as I have. Dr Web support seems useless.

9. Serge Popov

Serge Popov AV Expert

Its really sad. We'd like to make life better, not worse. But its software, a very complicated stuff. Some bugs are extremely hard to reproduce and track down, some are quite specific to a custom configuration. I believe what support folks tried really hard to understand the problem and provide a solution. I've never heard about such a problem, they probably either.

10. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

It could be that WB & StyleXP are competing for some area of DrWeb's turf. I cannot duplicate your problem because I don't use those apps. All I know is this -- if it came down to a *contest* between WB/StyleXP & the good doctor -- for me, DrWeb is the winner by a country mile.

However, your mileage may vary so I hope you get your $$$ back.

11. n8chavez

Well, I like Dr Web and have been using them on one machine or another for four years. I very much like WB also. My plan is, if I get a refund, to get NOD. I just wanted to start a little fire under my request so maybe it will be honored. I'll let you know...

Here's to v5.

12. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

Just for reference. I have Drweb and Windowblinds 5 and I can not reproduce this problem. They work fine together on my system. But speaking about support; How do a non russian speaking person sign in to their forum? When I visit I can se the english posts, but all the menus and stuff are in russian so there is no way to see how to register or write a comment. Even if I click on the english flag there is still russian language in the menus.

13. n8chavez

Just send them an email at support@drweb.com. Your email will be the first message in your support ticket. The ticket number if then emailed to you.

14. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

I would ditch WindowBlinds/Style XP before Dr Web!
    A little harsh considering the following post;
    First with VBA32 and now Dr Web. You seem to jump ship at the first sign of any problems?

15. n8chavez

Well I am very picky. But I have more than one machine that these AVs are on. So it's not as if they are dirched completely; they are just changing in preference ranking. Also, my lisence for VBA32 will soon be over whereas I have a 2 years lisence for Dr Web. So it comes down to finances. Remember, I'm a poor college student.

I still haven't been able to fix the context menu problem I mentioned at the VBA32 forum.

16. shorty1

shorty1 Registered Member

No software program exists that runs troublefree on 100% of all computers.
    It will simply never happen.

17. dan_maran

dan_maran Registered Member

Off topic:
    did you send in the debug files?
    Also remember they are GMT+1, effectively 10 hours ahead of you. So they are seeing everything "a day behind"

18. Siarheika

Siarheika AV Expert

This context menu problem you encountered seems to be very rare and we can't reproduce it yet, so we need your help as mentioned in VBA32 forum and pointed by likuidkewl. Thanks in advance for cooperation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.