DRWEB problems SOLVED!!!!!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Barney, Jan 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barney

Barney Registered Member

Ok everybody, I told you about all the problems I was having with DRWEB. Well, I finally found out what the problem is. For some weird reason, DIAMONDCS Port Explorer interferes with DRWEB. After installing, Spidermail won't work, Spidergate stops working, etc. After uninstalling Port Explorer, all problems dissappear. Finally, I can put this thing to rest!!!

Barney

2. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Barney,

Nice to hear the problem appears resolved. Sometimes it's something subtle and obscure in the background as you've seen here.

Blue

3. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

That also shows the limits or potential problems having a 'layered defense' that is sometimes too rich. When I had ProcessGuard, RegDefend and later AntiExecutable with my XP machine, I was well protected, but there was always something "subtle and obscure" happening.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2009
  4. Malcontent

Malcontent Registered Member

I'm glad you were able to figure this out. Have you contacted Dr. Web and let them know about the conflict? This could possibly save someone else this trouble in the future.

5. format_c

format_c Registered Member

we're here and read you all ;)

6. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Might be due to LSPs.I posted a few years back as i had similar problems with antivir mailguard and PE.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=124441&highlight=port explorer

ellison

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.