DrWeb gets VB 100% award

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by TAG97, Jan 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TAG97

TAG97 Registered Member

Dr.Web®: 100% in all categories! Another absolute success of the Russian anti-virus

[January 29,2003]
    DialogueScience, Inc., a leading supplier of the popular Dr.Web® family anti-virus solutions on the Russian market announces another Dr.Web® anti-virus program absolute victory gained in the anti-virus comparative review held in January by the prestigious international magazine "Virus Bulletin".

This time the review was conducted on computers running under Windows NT4 Workstation operation environment. As it became a general practice, the leading anti-virus products all over the world submitted the latest versions of their products to the review. This makes us more proud to report on the absolute victory of the Russian anti-virus Dr.Web® in this prestigious test.

The VB100% award is attributed to the product which with its default settings and both components (namely, scanner and resident monitor) detected 100% of the viruses In the Wild (the viruses encountered in the everyday life on users` computers and causing real virus incidents) and, at the same time, showed no false positives. That is why the anti-virus awarded in such review presents the most reliable and guaranteed protection against the newest viruses.

But this time Dr.Web® has not only detected 100% of viruses of the "In the Wild" list but left no chance to so-called "zoo viruses" - standard, file, macro and polymorphic. Thus, Dr.Web® excelled in all categories of the comparative review winning as many VB100% awards as possible. Here is to its absolute success!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. SSP

SSP Guest

NOD32 gets VB 100% award

NOD32: 100% in all categories! Another absolute success of the Slovakian anti-virus.

Cumulative VB100% awards:

DrWeb - 12
    NOD32 - 21

3. Maybe if you NOD32 fanboys could point to something other than Virus Bulletin, you wouldn't sound so much like one note pimps :rolleyes:

4. Where the hell are all these Anti NOD32 "Guests" coming from?
    Hmmmmmmm...... o_O

5. rodzilla

rodzilla Registered Member

> Maybe if you NOD32 fanboys could point to something other than Virus Bulletin, you wouldn't sound so much like one note pimps :rolleyes:

It looks to me like SSP is a DrWeb and NOD32 fanboy, dimbulb.

When you can quote the best, why quote the rest ?

6. sig

sig Registered Member

Probably a result of SSP's gratuitous neener neener post in a thread about Dr. Web's good results in the latest VB. Why not congratulate Dr. Web on its performance instead of pulling out a ruler?

The better AV's perform, the better the choices are for the consumer.

7. sig

sig Registered Member

Considering that SSP changed the title of the thread to "NOD32..." I didn't take the post as an "attaboy" for Dr. Web.

8. rodzilla

> Considering that SSP changed the title of the thread to "NOD32..." I didn't take the post as an "attaboy" for Dr. Web.

I think "sarcasm" might have crept in there somewhere. :)

I could be wrong, but it looks to me like "SSP" is the same guy/girl posting on DSL as "Stainless Priest".

If that's the case, his/her original post on DSL was complimenting DrWeb and NOD32 for 100% virus detection in all categories ... but it seems to be deteriorating into a MDBTY thread, with the usual NOD32-bashers and "virus experts" waving their wooden legs at the audience.

9. xor

xor Guest

You have to learn a lot of business things mate :D
    Just stay about such things :)

10. UNICRON

UNICRON Technical Expert

Can't we all just get along? Let's have some charity around here.

Hooray for Dr. web!
    Hooray for NOD32!
    Hooray for AVG!

Hooray that Genghis Khan isn't coming down the valley.

The world is bad enough with out all of you depressing me, smile for once d@mmit! :)

11. sig

sig Registered Member

"If that's the case, his/her original post on DSL was complimenting DrWeb and NOD32 for 100% virus detection in all categories ... but it seems to be deteriorating into a MDBTY thread, with the usual NOD32-bashers and "virus experts" waving their wooden legs at the audience."

LOL, Rod. I just saw that thread over there. I'm guessing it may be the same person at DSL too. "waving their wooden legs at the audience." LOL, what a visual. :D

12. SSP

SSP Guest

Correct.

I was sarcastically comparing DrWeb's huge announcement of 100% detection with NOD32's tiny announcement of 100% detection. Perhaps it would have been better understood if I had added 50 smileys.

Correct again. (Do not be fooled by the nickname. I am a girl.) :)

I am Stainless Steel Priest. I know you Rod from Fidonet, many years ago, under another name of course.

I was. I favour NOD32, but DrWeb also exhibited 100% detection, so it also deserved recognition.

That is always the way. Each has his favourite, and he will beat you around your ears with it. Vampirefo reads the Virus Bulletin web site and puts on it his own interpretation that NAV is the best anti-virus program. If he reads the link I gave him he will learn he is mistaken, but he will find another reason to praise NAV, because that is his nature.

Many anti-virus programs are better than NAV, in my opinion, but I am not here to beat you around your ears. :)

13. rodzilla

> Hooray that Genghis Khan isn't coming down the valley.

Hey! Don't go bashing us Mongols! :)

14. rodzilla

> "waving their wooden legs at the audience." LOL, what a visual. :D

Wanna buy the video ? :)

15. rodzilla

> I was sarcastically comparing DrWeb's huge announcement of 100% detection with NOD32's tiny announcement of 100% detection. Perhaps it would have been better understood if I had added 50 smileys.

I understood it ... but I have a warped sense of humor.

> (Do not be fooled by the nickname. I am a girl.)

Why not "Stainless Steel Nun" then ? :)

> I am Stainless Steel Priest. I know you Rod from Fidonet, many years ago, under another name of course.

Hmmmmm ...... any more clues ?

>> If that's the case, his/her original post on DSL was complimenting DrWeb and NOD32 for 100% virus detection in all categories ...

> I was. I favour NOD32, but DrWeb also exhibited 100% detection, so it also deserved recognition.

Yep ... give credit where credit is due.

>> but it seems to be deteriorating into a MDBTY thread, with the usual NOD32-bashers and "virus experts" waving their wooden legs at the audience.

> That is always the way. Each has his favourite, and he will beat you around your ears with it.

There's a lot of that around.

> Vampirefo reads the Virus Bulletin web site and puts on it his own interpretation that NAV is the best anti-virus program. If he reads the link I gave him he will learn he is mistaken, but he will find another reason to praise NAV, because that is his nature.

Some people become evangelical about a program to the exclusion of everything else, regardless of the facts.

> Many anti-virus programs are better than NAV, in my opinion, but I am not here to beat you around your ears.

Thank the Lord Buddha for small mercies! :) :) :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.