DrWeb, a little something extra?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by jpcummins, Oct 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpcummins

jpcummins Registered Member

DrWeb I have found scans the System Volume Information folder. I am not sure if other software security programs do or not. Does anyone know for sure? The reason I ask is that recently DrWeb found a suspicious file in this folder while other reputable security scanning programs did not. I used several well known scanners and I would of thought that at least one of them would have reported something. I have submitted the suspicious file to DrWeb and have not heard back yet as to whether it is an actual or false postive. But, regardless I would of thought that one of the other scanners would have detected something in this folder. As always all replies will be appreciated and I thank you in advance.

John

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

the system volume information folder is where system restore points are stored. if the file isnt detected anywhere else just turn off system restore reboot and turn it back on to clear it.

3. risl

risl Registered Member

Is the file detected heuristically or by generic signatures? Or by specific signature? Specific signatures are of course more accurate and produce less false positives than the heuristic analyzer or origins tracing.

4. jpcummins

jpcummins Registered Member

One of the other forum members explained what was in the System Volume Information folder. Prior to that I had no idea what was there. I was just curious as to why at least one of the other security programs I ran didn't detect something false or otherwise. Made me question whether or not other scanners looked at the files in the System Volume Information folder. Thought that surely they must but was just curious.

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.