Dropped into Trial-mode

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by Littlemutt, Jan 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Littlemutt

Littlemutt Guest

I installed the full trial a few days ago, and when the issue about the lack of reports not being generated arose, I removed AVG-anti-spy to try out some other software.

I find that most 'others' don't support Firefox, or will in the future...

Now today I re-install AVG deciding to test some more and await a possible fix soon to the reporting issue. But now... AVG is no longer in 'full-trial' but has reverted to 'free version'.

Anyway to to get full-trial running short of purchase ? I hate the idea of buying something that is not fully functional. I do understand that all software has problems, but something like 'report-generation' when its part of the 'feature-set' does not work, does not much encourage a purchase.

I know its been stated will be fixed in the next release.. great..when is that 'guesstimate'? The 'next release' could be a month or later this year....

Thanks

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

This is simply how it acts and I don't think we can change it . You shouldn't have removed it if you want to try it :)

May be the tech support can help you and somehow providing you with real key but valid for 30 days . I am not sure if it is possible but you can try .

3. Londonbeat

Londonbeat Registered Member

Unfortunately you only get one shot, so if you uninstall it or even if it incorrectly drops to trial after only a couple of days you've lost trial for good, they don't provide a trial key anymore. :ouch:
    If you ever need to reinstall windows in the near future you'll be able to trial it again afterwards. ;)

Londonbeat

4. Littlemutt

Littlemutt Guest

Thanks guys, I was only trying to prevent conflicts. :(

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You are welcome ! :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.